Ocean Springs Oasis

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, way to go Crown!! Those kids must have worked their butts off tonight. Hope you guys are 100% by the weekend. Good job to all of the corps!

No, I'd say much more incosistently then its performed depending on who the judge is.

I agree that the judge is a huge factor, but I also think it's perhaps the MOST inconsistently performed caption. I usually pay no mind to score fluctuations in guard until August rolls around, because by then we're usually seeing more in line with perfection then, say, early-mid July. Granted, you could say that for all captions, but guard usually has the highest margin of error earlier in the season, so it seems.

Guard is always so inconsistently judged.

This makes a lot of since:

1. The performances are probably the most inconsistent of any section (weapon drops, etc...).

2. The guard are often extremely spread out, so different judges may be watching different things at certain parts of the show which cause them to score differently.

dupp post

Edited by bmroth1

Cadets need to get their percussion firing on all cylinders. Anyone hear how the injury situation with the bass 1 and tenor played out? I've seen pics of all 5 basses, so I'm assuming the bass drummer is okay. Not sure about the tenor though.

Cadets are banged up. 4 people with leg and foot injuries sat out. WE have a bunch of kids with the flu, they performed. Really tough kids.

what George Hopkins said on Twitter "Cadets were improved. Too bad little stadium and not lots of people . And my favorite part - waiting for scores"

1. The performances are probably the most inconsistent of any section (weapon drops, etc...).

2. The guard are often extremely spread out, so different judges may be watching different things at certain parts of the show which cause them to score differently.

3. Guard is also the most dependant on the weather conditions...

Cadets need to get their percussion firing on all cylinders. Anyone hear how the injury situation with the bass 1 and tenor played out? I've seen pics of all 5 basses, so I'm assuming the bass drummer is okay. Not sure about the tenor though.

I went and saw them in Atlanta this weekend. During rehearsal bass 1 and the tenor drummer didn't practice the majority of the time. And when I saw the bass 1 afterwards, he looked like he was limping pretty bad, so I'm not sure what is going to happen. I hope both of them get healthy soon!

according to BS forum they had 6 drops who was 1.4 up