Ocean Springs Oasis

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's really going here? After all its just another show.....

I think a LOT of people were thinking:

(A) Crown's sick, probably not rehearsing well and they're marching holes

(B) Cadets have been closing the margin

THEREFORE

I fully expect HNC to overtake CC tonight.

When people's expectation are not met, they get upset about it.

When they're upset they complain on DCP (for 267 posts and counting!)

This is not 100% true of course. I mean think about it. Even people who wanted Crown to win weren't expecting it. I can only speak for myself when I say that I am not complaining, but it does seem odd, that's all I'm saying.

What's really going here? After all its just another show.....

I think a LOT of people were thinking:

(A) Crown's sick, probably not rehearsing well and they're marching holes

(B) Cadets have been closing the margin

THEREFORE

I fully expect HNC to overtake CC tonight.

When people's expectation are not met, they get upset about it.

When they're upset they complain on DCP (for 267 posts and counting!)

If the opposite were true, and Crown had been gaining on Cadets, and then were slammed back when Cadets were down with so many people with holes on the field after having to miss an entire show due to severe illness, Crown fans would be livid, undoubtedly. Just as any fan of the losing corps would be... because it doesn't make sense. Had the gap remained at .3, .4, even a point, I would never even begin to wonder about it. But this spread under these circumstances is way too suspect.

OOOHHHHHHHH... so you DON'T have research data we can all consult independently. And now you want ME to go do it for you !! LOL. You ARE entertaining Brasso. You also get cause and effect really mixed up. Not a single person here (except you) has said that "HOLES CAUSE SCORES TO RISE" or for that matter "FALLS MAKE YOUR SCORE GO UP". You're just really mixed up about correlation and causation. I suggest you read this.

I did not say that" HOLES CAUSE SCORES TO RISE ". ( not sure why the caps either, as no one is shouting here, but you ) If you want to put in italics my remarks above that state that I believe that" holes cause scores to rise", then we can chat. But that's not what I said above at all.

Marchers and staff on tour get sick sometimes. We are afterall talking about a few hundred on tour. However, a World Class Corps going out with 12 holes in July in competition as a result of a virus of some sort and having their scores go up and the spread go up the very next show is an unprecedented occurance in DCI. You can accept that observation, or not. I don't really care one way or the other with you frankly.

Edited by BRASSO

If the opposite were true, and Crown had been gaining on Cadets, and then were slammed back when Cadets were down with so many people with holes on the field after having to miss an entire show due to severe illness, Crown fans would be livid, undoubtedly. Just as any fan of the losing corps would be... because it doesn't make sense. Had the gap remained at .3, .4, even a point, I would never even begin to wonder about it. But this spread under these circumstances is way too suspect.

So are you suggesting that Cadet fans are livid because of the scores? "Just as any fan of the losing corps would be... "? I'm not getting that. Curious? Yep. Livid? No. I think they've been classy all the way here on this thread. The only person suggesting true disbelief isn't a fan of either corp.

Edited by anniem

So are you suggesting that Cadet fans are livid because of th scores? "Just as any fan of the losing corps would be... "? I'm not getting that. Curious? Yep. Livid? No. I think they've been classy all the way here on this thread. The only person suggesting true disbelief isn't a fan of either corp.

Actually, i put a couple 4 letter words into every sentence i said about them last night when I was hanging out with some friends (mostly former cadets). I just wasnt dumb enough to come on here and say the same things though :thumbup:

Marchers and staff on tour get sick sometimes. We are afterall talking about a few hundred on tour. However, a World Class Corps going out with 12 holes in July in competition as a result of a virus of some sort and having their scores go up and the spread go up the very next show is an unprecedented occurance in DCI. You can accept that observation, or not. I don't really care one way or the other with you frankly.

How much rehearsal did Crown actually miss? My understanding was they cut rehearsal short on Monday and skipped a show. They've had a large handful of people sick, but everyone else just sat around and didn't get better since their last show on Thursday?

My advice to you is to wait for the judges on this panel to get a second read of Crown against the Cadets. Maybe they'll fix their numbers if they weren't right last night.

"

" The spread under these circumstances is way too suspect " seems an appropriate response from my way of thinking. Cadet 2000 seems to think it odd as well. I'm sure there are others who agree here as well.

That said, I think we've all had our chances now to chime in on this.

Are we ready to move on ? I think I'm about done with this topic by now.

Actually, i put a couple 4 letter words into every sentence i said about them last night when I was hanging out with some friends (mostly former cadets). I just wasnt dumb enough to come on here and say the same things though :thumbup:

Love it! Thanks for the laugh Mr. Honesty. :tongue: