Could this be the year?

That's a pretty cocky thing to say, seeing as how for some reason you're presuming that their audition process doesn't apply to you...you're just...in.

lol

He is...he had an injury that prevented him from marching this summer, and they said that he has a spot in the front ensemble next year. :devil:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That the Troopers Make it back into the Top 12???

Fix'd!

:devil:

Garry in Vegas

The ONLY thing that could keep Troop out of Saturday night is the cleanliness of that VERY WELL CRAFTED drill of theirs. It's some throwback freehand writing with modern day speed. Very very very hard to clean. Some won't like it because they're not doing a ton of blocks and not much is all square neat and tidy to the front sideline on the horizontal. I really can't stress enough how much I applaud their drill writer for putting in such an effort, and to the members for tackling such a complex drill. There is much to be learned from this show by other writers and by everyone who watches it.

Great stuff Troop ..... now bring it home!

P.S. Back in the old school, the common though was that blocks and lines were hardest to clean because of the exposure. New school is so used to it it's like child's play. Old school is a ton harder than most people realize. Troopers are a prime example of mid 80's drill with speed. They really do inspire me to start writing again :devil:

As a 25 year fan of the activity and a former marching member at Crown, it would be wonderful to see Troopers make it into finals, and oh the crowd reaction!!! Spirit of Disney award winner for sure.

I hope they can do it, and I believe they have the vehicle to drive them right in there.

Edited by Tone Quality Matters

That the Troopers Make the Top 12???

No, I do not think so. Their show is honestly not very well designed - it won't be able to top the Colts at the end of the season. Basically, the entire top 11 from last year will be the top 11 this year. The only difference we will see between finals last year and this year is: Colts in, Madison out!

Troop for the win!!!

wow, outstanding! Just watched the Ogden VOD!

It's actually not even a debate now that I think about it. I'm going to Cadets, but I was there to help Troopers get started on the climb, part of me wants to be there to help them over the edge.

Each person is entitled to their own life choices. Just seems a bit disingenuous to me when you fervently and vocally "want" the Troopers to make finals, but then you'll leave them to go march with one of the "elite" corps.

I'm sure you have your reasons. But it's that age old discussion about people using lower placing corps as a stepping stone and then everyone cries foul because there is little change in the top five.