Serious question - I'm not trolling

Walt,

I think you should introduce yourself this way from now on.

See you Friday,

I'm Dan McGrogan and I'm 39.

I'm Terri Mignemi and i'm 37. :thumbup:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, Munson's near 60 isn't he? And isn't there a guy in the bari line that marched with Des Plaines back in '67 or '68?

yeah Munson's up there as for the other guy...we do not speak of Voldemort

yeah Munson's up there as for the other guy...we do not speak of Voldemort

Yeah,Munson looks alot younger then his age of course I've been told I don't look a day over 50...feel good too!!! :thumbup:

I'm Terri Mignemi and i'm 37. :thumbup:

youngin' :worthy:

I'm Liz Duguay and I'm 41. And back to walking 2-4 miles a day so I'm feeling about 25 again. :sigh:

LMAO.... And I thought I was nuts :tongue: for wanting to start doing parades again at 45+.

Hitting 52 in a few weeks and amazed that you folks that have been around more than me not only can do it physically but can balance life around a competing schedule. :lol:

Especially that balance part... :lol::bleah:

I'm 56 and do Alumni corps. Granted, not the same as a whole day on the practice field, but none-the-less demanding on a hot day, playing up hills and such. I've got plenty of gas left in the tank, even at the end of the longest parades.

However, I think you'll find, no matter which corps you choose to march with, open arms welcoming you and all the help and support you might need.

Go for it, someday you WILL be too old.

Returned to drum corps in 2004 in anticipation of my 50th birthday. Stayed a few more years and I'm not done yet. Biggest obstacle is balancing family and job responsibilities.

Conditioning is important, but a big key is flexibility. Still need to work on that.

I'm 56 and do Alumni corps. Granted, not the same as a whole day on the practice field, but none-the-less demanding on a hot day, playing up hills and such. I've got plenty of gas left in the tank, even at the end of the longest parades.

However, I think you'll find, no matter which corps you choose to march with, open arms welcoming you and all the help and support you might need.

Go for it, someday you WILL be too old.

LOL, some day a few of of members who do parades might get old....

But they are only in their mid-70s or so..... :tongue:

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

Conditioning is important, but a big key is flexibility. Still need to work on that.

I will suggest yoga. Investigate a class for beginners in your area. :tongue:

I will suggest yoga. Investigate a class for beginners in your area. :tongue:

I think Hurcs have some over 40ish types still marching, Nancy, Tom, Jay, most of the A squad, Pete, and a few more... Most of us drummer types go till we can no longer carry the weight of the drum then jump in the pit, or become a DM :)

Most of us drummer types go till we can no longer carry the weight of the drum then jump in the pit, or become a DM :)

And it becomes you well....