Quarterfinals on The Big Screen

does anyone have the performance order and times?

dci.org

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody from MD going? I'll be at Snowden in Columbia with a couple of friends, and I don't want to be the only one there... or worse, stuck in there with a bunch of chatty high schoolers. :devil:

Don't you worry, there will be plenty of HS kids to keep you company :blink:

I've gone to the Snowden theater for all of the other broadcasts, so I'll probably end up there too.

Hollywood 14 in Longview, TX is already sold out!?!?! Anyone have any suggestions or experience with this happening? Is there any chance the theater will release more tickets or move the showing to a larger theater. . . or am I out of luck?

Maybe . . . buy a ticket for something else & "accidentally" walk into the "wrong" theater?

Don't you worry, there will be plenty of HS kids to keep you company :laughing:

I've gone to the Snowden theater for all of the other broadcasts, so I'll probably end up there too.

BOOOOO (to the high schoolers, not to you, haha)

Because that would be a REALLLLLY LONG TIIMMMEEE. Its already something like 5 hours long...and I can imagine how tough it would be for dci to get theaters for 7 hours. Same as the broadcasts on espn...people would rather watch the big boys. Personally, I like them all, but its been this way for some time. There are perks to being in the top 17 / top 15 / top 12....and thats not an awful thing....

That's not how I feel about it. As it is, I can't stay at the theater until the last corps performs. I work in Manhattan, but live on Long Island. It's impossible for me to get to the only Long Island theater after work, so I would go to the Manhattan theater. Late at night, the trains don't run too often. I would be getting home at 1AM if I stayed all the way for the Blue Devils. I have to get up at 5:30 AM for work. I'm sure others who work have similar difficulties.

I think that DCI should try its hardest to show all the corps. If people are "Top 5 centric" and don't care to see the lower corps, they arrive late. I'd love to see the Crossmen, but they aren't going to get shown. I would arrive earlier and leave earlier because of my schedule.

It's fair for everyone's tastes.

They could get the theater time if they tried.

Not everyone only wants to "see the big boys." Corps 16 to 22 have thousands of fans alumni and family members who are probably pretty disappointed to not see them. I would even guess a lot of them are skipping the whole thing as a result. I haven't even decided if I really want to go myself.

Edited by barigirl78

That's not how I feel about it. As it is, I can't stay at the theater until the last corps performs. I work in Manhattan, but live on Long Island. It's impossible for me to get to the only Long Island theater after work, so I would go to the Manhattan theater. Late at night, the trains don't run too often. I would be getting home at 1AM if I stayed all the way for the Blue Devils. I have to get up at 5:30 AM for work. I'm sure others who work have similar difficulties.

I think that DCI should try its hardest to show all the corps. If people are "Top 5 centric" and don't care to see the lower corps, they arrive late. I'd love to see the Crossmen, but they aren't going to get shown. I would arrive earlier and leave earlier because of my schedule.

It's fair for everyone's tastes.

They could get the theater time if they tried.

Not everyone only wants to "see the big boys." Corps 16 to 22 have thousands of fans alumni and family members who are probably pretty disappointed to not see them. I would even guess a lot of them are skipping the whole thing as a result. I haven't even decided if I really want to go myself.

In most theaters if they arrive late, they will be sitting on the floor.