Quarterfinals on The Big Screen

I'm just glad that it's in Vermont this year!!!! Ever since I moved from NJ to here drum corps has seemed non-existent. I have to drive 6 hours one way every weekend just to do the CLOSEST DCA corps! It's so worth it though haha :laughing:

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My only question is if spirit is scheduled at 6:25/5:25/3:25 why do they say the telecast starts at 6:30/5:30/3:30? then we get 2 corps and its a 41 minute intermission i'll assume they'll show the previous performers then

Edited by blueorginal

My only question is if spirit is scheduled at 6:25/5:25/3:25 why do they say the telecast starts at 6:30/5:30/3:30? then we get 2 corps and its a 41 minute intermission i'll assume they'll show the previous performers then

I believe they'll show highlights of the first seven corps at the beginning. The first intermission will not affect the theater crowds. The first live corps should be Madison.

Stonecrest Shopping Center Charlotte NC. I learned from last year and bought my tix online. Last year I had a Boy Scout meeting right across the street and I was planning on leaving it and see the final 6 corps...................when I got there I was met with the sold out greeting. bummer.

Any idea on Concord Mills? My first time checking this out here in NC. Still not sure if I can "handle" 5.25 hours of this!

I thought Madison came on 10 minutes after the official start time of BLL.

BLL starts at 3:30 my time, and Madison starts at 3:40 my time.

The quaterfinals theater broadcast starts at 3:30 my time, or 6:30 Indianapolis time.

DCI says the following lineup is all EASTERN time, so that would mean that we only get to see the corps I have bolded below, right...so just the last 15 corps to go on starting with Madison.

Am I reading this right? Because there seems to be some misunderstanding about it.

World Class World Championship Quarterfinals

Thursday, Aug. 6 – Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis Ind.

All times eastern time zone

Tickets on sale at Lucas Oil Stadium box office – 10 a.m.

Gates open – 3 p.m.

Welcome and National Anthem – 3:50 p.m.

1. Cascades – 4:00 p.m.

2. Pioneer – 4:17 p.m.

3. Jersey Surf – 4:34 p.m.

4. Pacific Crest – 4:51 p.m.

5. Mandarins – 5:08 p.m.

6. Spirit – 5:25 p.m.

7. Crossmen – 5:42 p.m.

Intermission (41 min)

8. Madison Scouts – 6:40 p.m.

9. The Academy – 6:57 p.m.

10. Colts – 7:14 p.m.

11. Troopers – 7:31 p.m.

12. Glassmen – 7:48 p.m.

13. Blue Knights – 8:05 p.m.

14. Blue Stars – 8:22 p.m.

Intermission (17 min)

15. Boston Crusaders – 8:56 p.m.

16. Phantom Regiment – 9:13 p.m.

17. Bluecoats – 9:30 p.m.

18. Santa Clara Vanguard – 9:47 p.m.

19. Holy Name Cadets – 10:04 p.m.

20. Carolina Crown – 10:21 p.m.

21. The Cavaliers – 10:38 p.m.

22. Blue Devils – 10:55 p.m.

DCI says the following lineup is all EASTERN time, so that would mean that we only get to see the corps I have bolded below, right...so just the last 15 corps to go on starting with Madison.

DCI's advertising says they show the top 15 in their entirety and only highlights of 16-22.

does anyone have the performance order and times?

copied from my post in a different thread:

World Class World Championship Quarterfinals

Thursday, Aug. 6

OK, so here it is in Cinecast schedule format

All times are EASTERN Daylight Time-- adjust accordingly for your theater's time zone:

15th seed... Madison Scouts – 6:40 p.m.

14th seed... The Academy – 6:57 p.m.

13th seed... Colts – 7:14 p.m.

12th seed... Troopers – 7:31 p.m.

11th seed... Glassmen – 7:48 p.m.

10th seed... Blue Knights – 8:05 p.m.

09th seed... Blue Stars – 8:22 p.m.

Intermission (17 min)

08th seed... Boston Crusaders – 8:56 p.m.

07th seed... Phantom Regiment – 9:13 p.m.

06th seed... Bluecoats – 9:30 p.m.

05th seed... Santa Clara Vanguard – 9:47 p.m.

04th seed... Holy Name Cadets – 10:04 p.m.

03rd seed... Carolina Crown – 10:21 p.m.

02nd seed... The Cavaliers – 10:38 p.m.

01st seed... Blue Devils – 10:55 p.m.

Or, if what Garry said* is true, you might be able to also see:

at least part of 16th seed... Crossmen – 5:42 p.m.

followed by Intermission (41 min)

*[Garry was suggesting that at least last year, they did a test broadcast of part of the 16th seed show, so if they do that and you're there early, you may be able to catch it]

Edited by Peel Paint

That's not how I feel about it. As it is, I can't stay at the theater until the last corps performs. I work in Manhattan, but live on Long Island. It's impossible for me to get to the only Long Island theater after work, so I would go to the Manhattan theater. Late at night, the trains don't run too often. I would be getting home at 1AM if I stayed all the way for the Blue Devils. I have to get up at 5:30 AM for work. I'm sure others who work have similar difficulties.

I think that DCI should try its hardest to show all the corps. If people are "Top 5 centric" and don't care to see the lower corps, they arrive late. I'd love to see the Crossmen, but they aren't going to get shown. I would arrive earlier and leave earlier because of my schedule.

It's fair for everyone's tastes.

They could get the theater time if they tried.

Not everyone only wants to "see the big boys." Corps 16 to 22 have thousands of fans alumni and family members who are probably pretty disappointed to not see them. I would even guess a lot of them are skipping the whole thing as a result. I haven't even decided if I really want to go myself.

sarcasm on "If you are going to show ALL the corps........make sure you are showing all the Open Class Corps too...remember....they are drumcorps too! sarcasm off.

Seriously.....there has to be a cut off point somewhere. I think that we are lucky(those of us that cant go to Indy) to be able to see any of the corps at all. Thank you DCI for making the effort to continue this opportunity.