Terrible Seats in Lucas

Negative.

Good food though.

Join us in Allentown. We have you down for buns.

MIKE

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.dci.org/support/ >email DCI offices

Tel: 317.275.1212

Fax: 317.713.0690

fieldpass@dci.org > email Dan Potter, whom takes fan feedback very seriously, and seems to have a good amount of weight in the DCI community.

317.489.9385 > call Dan Potter & leave a voicemail

Please email DCI with your opinions of Lucas Oil Stadium!! After reading this entire thread, there has not been 1 positive feedback about the viewing.listening experience at Lucas.

I highly encourage everyone to voice your opinion!

I'm in the same position with the #### windows. I know nothing about stadium design, but I imagine the designers thinking that making smaller tiers (fewer rows per tier) was a good idea. Fewer steps to get up to get to your seat even if you're at the very top of your tier, in most cases. But the safety barriers for the steps now create a visual problem for a lot more seats because there are a lot more of those barriers needed to serve the additional tiers. I'm guessing it's less of a problem for football since the actions is slower, but for a drum corps show it's a mess. Now I'm watching the show from the portion of the field I can see clearly. Now I'm watching it from behind glass.

This year is just a mess. Been going to finals every year since '85. I will officially call this one the worst with no real competition from any other year. Mississippi was better.

This year is just a mess. Been going to finals every year since '85. I will officially call this one the worst with no real competition from any other year. Mississippi was better.

OUCH!

This is all very sad to read.

Yes, Indianapolis (the city) is an outstanding destination for this event. I'm not there right now for several reasons, but I do go there every year for the Indy 500. Indy IS a city you can go to for several years in a row and still be satisfied. I believe DCI made the right choice.

Is this a case of EVERYONE expecting to sit on the 50 yard line, to have no worries?

:smile:

I've seen a few remarks about it being a light crowd. Does anyone have a guestimate on how many people were in the stands?

Last time I attended quarters was in Madison a few years ago and I thought the crowd at quarterfinals was pretty good.

Yes, Indianapolis (the city) is an outstanding destination for this event. I'm not there right now for several reasons, but I do go there every year for the Indy 500. Indy IS a city you can go to for several years in a row and still be satisfied. I believe DCI made the right choice.

Is this a case of EVERYONE expecting to sit on the 50 yard line, to have no worries?

Reading the posts, I would say not so much.

Did you actually read the posts?

People paying $300 for packages way in advance that are supposed to secure them good seats get shunted to the 10 yard line, while walk-ups land on the 45? Frankly, it sounds like DCI said "We already have their money, push them to the end".

You see, geluf. . .

your $300 investment is no longer enough to give you DCI Nirvana. I'm sorry it's that way, but accept it for what it is. I did. I went to several DCI Championships over the years, but no more. The product no longer justifies (to me) the investment I once made. Trust me, I can well afford the going rate. I just choose not to continue. You can do that, too.

Similarly, I have NO interest in going to a Super Bowl. I could do it financially, but , I choose not to participate. May God bless those who do!

:tongue:

It's not a matter of everyone expecting to be on the 50 at all. For me, it's the fact that in the three middle premium sections (240, 340 and 404), around 1/3 of the seat have a view that is at least partially obstructed by one of the glass panels that hold up the safety rails. Absolutely awful. Poorest design of a stadium I think I've ever seen.