Terrible Seats in Lucas

It's not a matter of everyone expecting to be on the 50 at all. For me, it's the fact that in the three middle premium sections (240, 340 and 404), around 1/3 of the seat have a view that is at least partially obstructed by one of the glass panels that hold up the safety rails. Absolutely awful. Poorest design of a stadium I think I've ever seen.

Odd to me that those glass panels have become popular in new-arena design. I guess some designers and spectators prefer them to steel bars. But for me, even if we're not talking about a music venue but just a sports venue, and if we're not talking ice hockey where plexiglass is needed down low for safety, I don't even like glass or plexiglass panels between me as a spectator and sports teams. Glass panels just take you a little bit out of the action. For music, of course, they're a dealbreaker. Who wants a glass wall between himself and a music performer? Super Premium? I call 'em Partially Obstructed.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rather than start a new thread, let me just add that:

Ticketmaster is Evil!!!

Out of the zillions of available seats in any THIRD of the stadium (street, terrace or upper tier level, or some similar set of categories...), you get only ONE seating choice.

I won't even get into the various fees, like the one that generously allows you to print your tickets at home. I'll put up with that for the ability to actually choose my own seats, rather than the ones THEY decide you want. How novel. Kind of like Clearchannel deciding what 10 songs your radio market is going to hear. More Coldplay, anyone?

I sat 2 places... for quarterfinals and 80% of semis, i sat in 340. After that, i had tickets for section 443. I was in the 5th row, and had all the glass panels from the stairs in front of me. Different glass panels at different angles. I couldnt see the DM very well, nor could i see big chunks of the field without moving around.

Only plus: i bought the 443 tickets from a scalper outside (these were $75 tickets) for $30. Cheaper than they wouldve charged for the cheap seats after that rediculous markup they have.

i bought the 443 tickets from a scalper outside (these were $75 tickets) for $30. Cheaper than they wouldve charged for the cheap seats after that rediculous markup they have.

Where did you find him (near what corner or door), for the benefit of people going tonight? Somebody asked on DCP yesterday where the ticket resellers were, saying they couldn't find one at quarterfinals on the street outside the stadium.

Anyone still looking for finals tickets can also check out INSIDE THE FORTY here:

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/inde...howtopic=127666

Was anyone else up in the top level with me - the 6xx sections? I was in section 643.

Sound was really strange!

Any corp that used their own speakers for parts of their program (like BStars), the sound was either garbled or you couldnt hear it at all.

Most of the corp pit mics seemed to not exist......

The larger corps with the huge horn and drum sound was great.....but any amplified sound was BAD!

Tonight I am in the 4xx level.

cant wait to see no hear, if the sound is the same.

.....I guess I need to join Friends of DCI to get a decent seat next year?????

.....I guess I need to join Friends of DCI to get a decent seat next year?????

Then again, maybe not (see related thread).

About the glass panels...that sucks and seems to be just bad luck in getting those couple of rows that would be affected by them...make a note of which rows are affected so you don't get them next year. But I wouldn't blame DCI or the venue for them...

Then again, maybe not (see related thread).

True, true.

I see poblems even from fans who bought last year right at the end of the Bloomington show.

Well, at least I will try to find seats in other areas of the stadium, sit in an empty seat for a corp show, take notes of which sections 'seem' to sound better and specifically ask for the sections I like.

...thats a lot of work but almost anyplace is better than level 6!!!!

Rather than start a new thread, let me just add that:

Ticketmaster is Evil!!!

Out of the zillions of available seats in any THIRD of the stadium (street, terrace or upper tier level, or some similar set of categories...), you get only ONE seating choice.

I won't even get into the various fees, like the one that generously allows you to print your tickets at home. I'll put up with that for the ability to actually choose my own seats, rather than the ones THEY decide you want. How novel. Kind of like Clearchannel deciding what 10 songs your radio market is going to hear. More Coldplay, anyone?

Anytime you need to purchase tickets from Ticketmaster for any event, call them and pick out your tickets over the phone. I have always found their agents to be very helpful.