Terrible Seats in Lucas

Was anyone else up in the top level with me - the 6xx sections? I was in section 643.

Sound was really strange!

Any corp that used their own speakers for parts of their program (like BStars), the sound was either garbled or you couldnt hear it at all.

Most of the corp pit mics seemed to not exist......

The larger corps with the huge horn and drum sound was great.....but any amplified sound was BAD!

Oh see, now that's interesting. I said yesterday in a DCP thread that pit amps wouldn't be needed even to get the sound up to 600 in a closed dome, and yet you couldn't hear the pits. Down lower, they're complaining about how the pit sound is too loud for many corps. Up high you can't hear them at all. Hmm.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh see, now that's interesting. I said yesterday in a DCP thread that pit amps wouldn't be needed even to get the sound up to 600 in a closed dome, and yet you couldn't hear the pits. Down lower, they're complaining about how the pit sound is too loud for many corps. Up high you can't hear them at all. Hmm.

I'll listen again tonight, but I thought I could hear pit up in 640. I'll listen again for it tonight. If anything, though, I actually heard more amp/synth than I'd like to...

They probably turned up the sound thinking it would reach us at the top not taking into consideration that we were suspended over the bottom 5 sections.

Just like seats in Madison under the overhang, the sound gets loud under there.....but for some reason at Lucas, very little of it reaches the top level.

It was very, very strange!

Whole pit section sounds disappeared.

Stay in the lower sections.

Trying section 433 tonight and hoping for better results.

I'll listen again tonight, but I thought I could hear pit up in 640. I'll listen again for it tonight. If anything, though, I actually heard more amp/synth than I'd like to...

Oh yea, the synth sound made it up to the top level, but not the mics used for the speaking parts.

That was garbled at best.

Some of the softer pit sounds were gone.

Synth can be heard anyplace indoors :tongue:

This is all very sad to read.

Yes, Indianapolis (the city) is an outstanding destination for this event. I'm not there right now for several reasons, but I do go there every year for the Indy 500. Indy IS a city you can go to for several years in a row and still be satisfied. I believe DCI made the right choice.

Is this a case of EVERYONE expecting to sit on the 50 yard line, to have no worries?

:tongue:

who cares if the city is great but the venue sucks Fred. you shoudn't have to pay $300 for 3 days worth of seats if your view is obstructed.

This year is just a mess. Been going to finals every year since '85. I will officially call this one the worst with no real competition from any other year. Mississippi was better.

THIS speaks Volumes on a HUGE LEVEL. And for those of us Fans and Corps members that experienced Jackson know that's about the worst finals Location.

Now I'm depressed. I was considering making plans to come to finals this year after enjoying the top 5 this year. So now, I'm reading it may not be worth it, with the terrible seats and sound. Some of us did try to say how this wouldn't work. But what do us peon alumni/fans know? :tongue:

Edited by Lancerlady

Seems to me a lot of people have. From some of the stands shots there seemed to be a pretty small crowd with several complete sections empty.

So, how's the city ? Worth taking vacation to for 10 years ? :tongue:

Paid 45/ticket for quarters in the 6th deck....people beside me paid 11/..............never again .....advance......

No sound damper in the stadium...bouncing off steel and steel decking????

Is it just me, or there tons of wasted space in this stadium.

I go to dozens of football games both college and pro and this stadium is SPACIOUS but it wastes a lot of space for more great seating!

Never seen so many levels.

Sound gets lost, but the seats are comfy!!!!