DCI World Class Semifinals Thread

Overrated and Overpriced...just like BD.

Actually, my mom would agree with you on the 5 guys deal.

But, why on god's greener (like that? see how i did that?) earth would you order grilled cheese at a burger joint?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How does SCV not beat the Cavaliers tonight?

Ensemble music and percussion especially

Addressing the Issue of BD's Book Vs. SCV's Book:

1. Imho, "Chops", while they are cool, aren't everything. A good drumline book isn't made by seeing how many notes you can cram into ten minutes of music; which again, imo is kinda what a typical bd book is. I'm not saying they aren't good! but I don't think its fair to argue that their 19.9 score is justified because their book is really freakin hard. It may be hard, but it's still not THAT clean and it's awful busy.

2. Not that anyone is saying it, but don't think that SCV's line doesn't have chops. In fact, I might argue their chops level is the same as BD's line. My "evidence?" Two key things;

1. Basically anything they're playing for warm-ups etc. this year

2. 2009 DRUM FEATURE FROM BALLET FOR MARTHA (nuff said)

I am not saying BD isn't an incredibly talented line this year! But, I will say that 19.9 for tonights performance............isn't quite justifiable imo and I also don't think anyone has really presented a reasonable argument yet to justify this score. Okay I'm done ranting on BD's line. Good job tonight, but.......wow!

How does SCV not beat the Cavaliers tonight?

Not to worry my friend, tomorrow belongs to the Vanguard.

Awesome proposal for the BLOOOOOOOOOOOO coats kids! :tongue:

I had to leave after BD, and I missed this. Was it one of those corny get down on one knee proposals?

I've come to realize that I DON'T UNDERSTAND THE JUDGES!!!! they need to offer a class or recaps on their thought process or somethin.

For example:

Guard scores

last night Cadets 9.5 in content, tonight 9.8

last night Cavies 9.7 in content, tonight 9.5

last night SCV 9.8 in content, tonight 9.4

so my point: in 1/2 day of rehearsal what did cadets add to their program to gain .3 and what did cavies take out to lose .2 and vanguard take out to lose .4!!!!

Percussion scores

last night Cavies 9.8 in content, tonight 9.4

last night Crown 9.6 in content, tonight 9.8

so again, did cavies water down their book today to lose .4 and what did crown add to increase .2

My solution :)

There needs to be panel of judges lets say 5 in each caption that watches the show and analyzes the content and assigns a score for content prior to semifinals...maybe on the wednesday (get rid of I &E and let the corps perform for content scores not rankings) these five scores average out and thats your content score for the week. Now the judges at the competition can only score how well the corps performs as opposed to deciding content.

My comparison: when a gymnast has a routine they know ahead of time based on their content what their routine could be worth. So one night a gymnast or an ice skater or a diver goes out and does the same routine over and over without any major changes their content score will remain the same only their execution score changes