DCI World Class Semifinals Thread

I was just thinking about driving to an In-n-Out for a double double with cheese & grilled onions, and fries (animal style.)

Mmmm ... Not White Castles, but Mmmm.

3x spread only extra cheese and animal style fries (-onions) for me please!

Boy I miss In 'N Out! Thank God there's Whataburger here. It's not In 'N Out but it'll do.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No Corps in DCI history that has been undefeated after the Semi's and has gone into the Finals with over a 8 tenths lead has ever lost the following nite. Last year was the first time that the Blue Devils won the semi's, but lost the following nite. It would take a monumental collapse tomorrow nite for the Blue Devils to lose. The judges know what an excruciating loss it was for the Blue Devils to lose by the smallest of margins after winning both the quarters and the semi's, last year. This thing is over.

The Blue Devils will win tomorrow nite and you can take that to the bank.

IF Blue Devils win tomorrow...I think you can add Crown '09 to that list of shows that needed just one more week. HNC definitely wouldn't complain about another week either...

IF Blue Devils win tomorrow...I think you can add Crown '09 to that list of shows that needed just one more week. HNC definitely wouldn't complain about another week either...

Don't forget, that would give the Blue Devils another week as well.

I'm sure they'd make good use of it. :tongue:

Don't forget, that would give the Blue Devils another week as well.

I'm sure they'd make good use of it. :tongue:

You can't really do much more cleaning when you are getting perfect scores in some captions...

You can't really do much more cleaning when you are getting perfect scores in some captions...

Ah, the myth of the "perfect score".

No matter. An extra week is an extra week, to ramp up the performance levels even more and max out the GE.

Like I said, the Blue Devils would make good use of it. :tongue:

They're getting knocked on tech -- fairly IMO. The book's just not that hard. Not going to improve on that. It's all very elegant, just not much pop and sizzle.

pop & sizzle = monkey drumming ?

pop & sizzle = monkey drumming ?

Come on man. BD snares and tenors were filled with flam passages, lot of complex, dense phrasing. That solo tenor passage alone was more complicated than anything SCV played all night.

Go back through this thread and you'll see where I raved several times about SCV's wonderful percussion arrangement, but it's missing key tech elements. Frankly, that's always been SCV's MO to me, but I don't think there's anything wrong with it. They always have the most musical arrangements to my ears -- thank the heavens for Ralph Hardimon -- and I love them for it.

They're getting knocked on tech -- fairly IMO. The book's just not that hard. Not going to improve on that. It's all very elegant, just not much pop and sizzle.

thats the beauty of it....it's so musically appropriate. i dont feel they get the credit for that

But the Blue Devils would only get better as well. We could have all these Corps go to Labor Day, and guess what ? The Blue Devils would add more dance, equipment tosses, change the brass parts, drum parts or what have you, and would still win for the simple reason that they have lots of talent in their membership and in their staff.

But the Blue Devils would only get better as well. We could have all these Corps go to Labor Day, and guess what ? The Blue Devils would add more dance, equipment tosses, change the brass parts, drum parts or what have you, and would still win for the simple reason that they have lots of talent in their membership and in their staff.

don't forget more chairs :tongue: