So What Should They Do NEXT Year?

Blue Devils - Triskaidekaphobia (Fear of the Number 13) Sample music of their 13 championship shows. Mostly this is an excuse to hear Brubeck and Channel One again

Carolina Crown - The Dance of Love I just want to see Crown do an entire tango show, and especially include the song from True Lies

Cadets - Louder, Faster, Higher Start the show with a low, deep ballad, and work the tempos up and up and up until they close with a latin jazz piece at 220 bpm.

Cavaliers - Hook Some of the best music John Williams ever produced, and this corps could pull it off! Plus we need another pirate show.

Santa Clara Vanguard - Labyrinth A whole show about being trapped in a maze with a monster. Gives a great excuse for the drill to be maze/trap focused, with the guard trying to get through it.

Phantom - 300 Play the music of 300 and tell the story of the Spartans' stand at Thermopole. (with guard constraints, it might make more sense for Cavies to do this show though)

Blue Knights - The Ring of the Nibelung - Just play Wagner's opera. It'll be loud and dark and awesome!

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blue Devils - Triskaidekaphobia (Fear of the Number 13) Sample music of their 13 championship shows. Mostly this is an excuse to hear Brubeck and Channel One again

Carolina Crown - The Dance of Love I just want to see Crown do an entire tango show, and especially include the song from True Lies

Cadets - Louder, Faster, Higher Start the show with a low, deep ballad, and work the tempos up and up and up until they close with a latin jazz piece at 220 bpm.

Cavaliers - Hook Some of the best music John Williams ever produced, and this corps could pull it off! Plus we need another pirate show.

Santa Clara Vanguard - Labyrinth A whole show about being trapped in a maze with a monster. Gives a great excuse for the drill to be maze/trap focused, with the guard trying to get through it.

Phantom - 300 Play the music of 300 and tell the story of the Spartans' stand at Thermopole. (with guard constraints, it might make more sense for Cavies to do this show though)

Blue Knights - The Ring of the Nibelung - Just play Wagner's opera. It'll be loud and dark and awesome!

I'd love to see BK do a similiar theme this year but instead of portraying Winter, do----- The Ever Changing Mountains--- with Night on Bald Mountain etc.....

Maybe Boston needs to follow this year with-- Belazaars Feast (Sorry, spelling)

Phantom--- Not sure, but some thing dark and classical, maybe using Elsa's Procession to the Cathedral?? A dark lord show???

Wes Perkins

BK '97 '98

Now that would be awesome, especially if they gave it the same treatment as they gave their show this year.

Yes, they could adapt an arrangement originally written for 2 flutes and an oboe...:-/

Holy crap - I just typed this today in my show design notes for possible ideas...

Show Ideas

Childsplay…

Show about childhood games - leapfrog, tag, red light green light….all silly music arranged up to sound intense, section about a bully, swing set, monkey bars…..

:shutup::lol::lol:

See Crossmen, early 1990's two-part show "Songs For Planet Earth". Remember the 1st ending with the "?" mark, then the second year beginning there?

Delightful!

AJMHO

Madison Scouts: "The Cooking Show"

• Music from Ratatouille (Original Score by Michael Giacchino who also wrote The Incredibles.)
  • Strawberry Soup by Don Ellis.
    (strawberry soup will be the middle tune, not the closer)

Reasons why?

• Give the drumline and pit a bunch of pots, pans, and knives for percussive experimentation/innovation...
  • Strawberry Soup is the shout-back to traditional charts of Madison past...
  • Theme is fun and accessible, and doesn't need an overly specific storyline to be understood (I'd compare it to CCrown 07 or Madison 97)
  • Michael Giacchino's score is very accessible and melodic...
  • The theme is also very good for marketable possibilities (Madison aprons, chef hats, napkins? etc.)...
  • The guard uniforms can be cheaply made while still being high quality (aprons, chef hats with appropriately solid colored shirts)...

Yes. Although a show like that would need to somehow include "I Can Cook Too" from the '90 show. :shutup:

And stop using "CCrown."

It think their show should be

"The Most Interesting Man in the World"-

And the only narrative will be after the end release:

"Stay Thirsty My Friends"

George Hopkins would sue for character infringement....

Or maybe William Shatner?

The world will not be perfect until Regiment does Janacek's "Sinfonietta". :shutup:

yes

and use Meditation from Thais by Jules Massenet , with extended sop solo for a ballad (I feel really happy thinking about it)

if anybody OTHER than Phantom plays that, i will cry...... The piece is just SCREAMING "PHANTOM REGIMENT, PLAY ME!! PLAY ME!!!" ..... hmmm maybe crown would do well with it too because Klesch could probably write a beautiful arrangement as well..... afterall, a year or two ago on a thread like this i said someone should play Zions walls (the promise of living) and they did a great job with it (I'm not saying they used my idea..... they have people much smarter than I)

as cheesy as it sounds, i think hall of the mountain king would translate well to the field, and be entertaining... maybe crown if they do another 08 type show?

now who could tear up Kamens The New Moon in the Old Moons Arms ??? hmm Vanguard?

Edited by general_tsos_chicken2