In an email from DCI

Great..... so now we're gonna get 2342432432 98934 wonderful thinkers that will complain to DCI and BEG them to open the roof next year....

...it will be 95 degrees like this year and we'll all bake inside of that oven known as Lucas Oil Stadium.

2010 rolls around and 23439483290849320489324 WONDERFUL thinkers will AGAIN write to DCI asking them to turn on the A/C!

Sometimes, it's better to not let the masses speak. Why do you think we have an electoral college pick our presidents? Cause we're not smart enough to do it ourselves.

Well, I certainly do not think the people in Washington are always smart enough to know what's best for the country... but that's another topic. When I performed at the Seattle Seahawks stadium it was not bad. They have the same setup with a retractable dome. I will be honest... it sounded about the same.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, I plan on being there as well and the first few rounds of your favorite beverage are on my tab.

they sell red bull and vodka? game on!!!

Great..... so now we're gonna get 2342432432 98934 wonderful thinkers that will complain to DCI and BEG them to open the roof next year....

...it will be 95 degrees like this year and we'll all bake inside of that oven known as Lucas Oil Stadium.

2010 rolls around and 23439483290849320489324 WONDERFUL thinkers will AGAIN write to DCI asking them to turn on the A/C!

Sometimes, it's better to not let the masses speak. Why do you think we have an electoral college pick our presidents? Cause we're not smart enough to do it ourselves.

feel free to express your opinion as well.

sometimes it's better not to let the masses speak? seriously? people shouldn't voice their opinion because you disagree with it? :doh:

Just got the same email today. Not surprised it was a form letter and this response pretty much indicates to me that they have gotten a lot of negative feedback. I don't recall them doing this for any other championship.

I will happily go lodge the same info I emailed which was this:

Just wanted to say I went to semis and finals and was extremely dissapointed. I had "super premium" seats that cost a small fortune and put me pretty much in the endzone. Not what I call premium. The echo was unbearable and I couldn't hear most of the horn parts when the drums were playing. I've been a longtime fan but wont be coming back. Please prioritize your fans over simple finances when making decisions. I'll buy the dvd's and stay home. I'll have better viewing and sound. By the way, there are hundred if not thousands with this same opinion. Hop over to drumcorpsplanet.com and read the comments.

Note to DCI Monkey: Opening the roof will not change my decision so your presumption in my case is incorrect. :doh:

The complaint is not the air conditioning nor the heat.

Now I'm not a physicist, but I think opening the roof would lessen the echo and improve the acoustics overall.

Possibly, but as someone else mentioned on the "Roof" thread, the roof is so high that there still might be a lot of echo generated before the sound gets out of the stadium.

As I looked around, I saw no evidence of anything that would help the accoustics; accoustic tile, banners, wll coverings, carpet, etc. Everywhere I looked I saw glass, concrete and metal; hard surfaces that created a lot of echo. I don't know what the black curtain is made of or how thick the material is but it looked very thin and not all that absorbant and therefore not very helpful.

By the way I'm glad DCI is going to do a survery and get our feedback. I participated in the past and will gladly do so again.

Edited by shawn craig

i cant believe someone would complain they actually want feedback

I beg to differ with your thoughts. If we sat back and let the powers that be decide what is good for us, we would still be under a king and working as serfs! If you think you are incapable of forming sentient opinions, that's fine. But do not speak for the rest of us who enjoy thinking for ourselves. We need no governmental authorities (DCI or even the US Government) to tell us what is right or wrong!!! It is always better to let the masses speak!!