In an email from DCI

...it will be 95 degrees like this year and we'll all bake inside of that oven known as Lucas Oil Stadium.

Think celsius...that way it's a cool comfortable 35. Ahhhh...feels better already :doh: .

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved the ac this year! With that said.......OPEN THE ####### ROOF! (Or go elsewhere if you can't, yeah I know, that would never happen). Thanks Jeff for the post.

Great..... so now we're gonna get 2342432432 98934 wonderful thinkers that will complain to DCI and BEG them to open the roof next year....

...it will be 95 degrees like this year and we'll all bake inside of that oven known as Lucas Oil Stadium.

2010 rolls around and 23439483290849320489324 WONDERFUL thinkers will AGAIN write to DCI asking them to turn on the A/C!

Sometimes, it's better to not let the masses speak. Why do you think we have an electoral college pick our presidents? Cause we're not smart enough to do it ourselves.

One of my favorite stories was by a pastor who was at a hotel in Miami, he was at the Mezzanine level of a very tall hotel. He had been the only one waiting for an elevator to take him to the top floor after a nice lunch, it arrived, door opened, he got on by himself pushed the top floor button and just as the door started to close a bunch of guests in swimsuits (clearly heading down to the pool level) stopped the door from closing and filled the elevator (kids, floats, buckets, ect). It was all too much for him, so he quickly got off. But just as the door began to close (on it's long way to the top) he shouted to them, "Well it just goes to show ya, the majority is always wrong!" (He could hear loud cursing fade as the elevator ascended). :doh:

As a performer... i don't like performing in that heat.... call me a wimp, call me weak, whatever. It sucks being in full uniform in the sun, on hot turf, it sucks in a very well ventilated high school stadium it's gonna suck in the oven that LOS would become if it was above 90 degrees... add the humidity.. and forget it. Also in that type of heat the horns don't project well, the performers will be dead tired, your gonna have performance issues, and it won't be the best experience for the fans. Yeah it's drum corps, you learn to deal with the heat... trust me I've dealt with it. If given the choice I would still rather the roof closed if it was hot out. Cause if it is 95 outside the stadium, it's gonna be worse inside.. and 95 is bad enough.

Call me a ######, I don't care.

######, haha just kidding, anyways I do high school band here in tennessee so were outside and its hoooooot, Personally I prefer hot rather than cold, thats my view

As a performer... i don't like performing in that heat.... call me a wimp, call me weak, whatever. It sucks being in full uniform in the sun, on hot turf, it sucks in a very well ventilated high school stadium it's gonna suck in the oven that LOS would become if it was above 90 degrees... add the humidity.. and forget it. Also in that type of heat the horns don't project well, the performers will be dead tired, your gonna have performance issues, and it won't be the best experience for the fans. Yeah it's drum corps, you learn to deal with the heat... trust me I've dealt with it. If given the choice I would still rather the roof closed if it was hot out. Cause if it is 95 outside the stadium, it's gonna be worse inside.. and 95 is bad enough.

Call me a ######, I don't care.

Excuse me? You don't like performing in the heat? Well then ...what are doing that for if you don't like it? :doh:

The complaint is not the air conditioning nor the heat.

WOW! Really....

This year the complaint is the ECHO! The simplest fix to the echo is OPEN THE ROOF!

Say they get their way....the roof is opened for next year. AND it just happens to be just as hot as it was this year.....

Lucas Oil stadium being DEEP, with no circulating air becomes an EZ Bake oven! Everybody gets hot...and dies.

So NEXT year the complaint will be about how hot the place is...and that is ranks somewhere between the 9th ring of hell and Jackson MS.

I'm forcasting the future. I'd rather just buy really good seats near the 50 and enjoy the show....because the sound isn't bad if you pay enough money :)

Edited by DCImonkey

I'm forcasting the future. I'd rather just buy really good seats near the 50 and enjoy the show....because the sound isn't bad if you pay enough money :)

Wow, the rest of us only paid $125 for our seats. I guess you're just smarter than everyone else and the world obviously revolves around you and your opinion. :doh:

WOW! Really....

This year the complaint is the ECHO! The simplest fix to the echo is OPEN THE ROOF!

Say they get their way....the roof is opened for next year. AND it just happens to be just as hot as it was this year.....

Lucas Oil stadium being DEEP, with no circulating air becomes an EZ Bake oven! Everybody gets hot...and dies.

So NEXT year the complaint will be about how hot the place is...and that is ranks somewhere between the 9th ring of hell and Jackson MS.

uh sound panels? maybe curtains around the entire stands where people are not sitting?

there, 2 probable solutions that have nothing to do with the roof.

but you'll ignore that as it doesn't fit your rant

When I performed at the Seattle Seahawks stadium it was not bad. They have the same setup with a retractable dome. I will be honest... it sounded about the same.

Seahawks stadium has no retractable dome, its just open but with lids over the grandstands. It would be a great place for finals - I'm all for moving finals to Seattle for the next 10 years or so! :doh:

Edited by flugelswerebugels