Madison Scouts 2010

I'd really love for them to get away from Latin for a while. And on that note, I haven't heard a "bright" theme in a Madison show in a really long time.

When I say "bright" I think of the JSS show, the 2001 show, the 1998 show, etc. Everything lately has been so..."emo" for them lately.

And just because I already posted this in another thread...here's my show idea for them:

Madison Scouts: "The Cooking Show"

• [/u] (Original Score by Michael Giacchino who also wrote The Incredibles.)
  • Strawberry Soup by Don Ellis.
    (strawberry soup will be the middle tune, not the closer)

Reasons why?

• Give the drumline and pit a bunch of pots, pans, and knives for percussive experimentation/innovation...
  • Strawberry Soup is the shout-back to traditional charts of Madison past...
  • Theme is fun and accessible, and doesn't need an overly specific storyline to be understood (I'd compare it to CCrown 07 or Madison 97)
  • Michael Giacchino's score is very accessible and melodic...
  • The theme is also very good for marketable possibilities (Madison aprons, chef hats, napkins? etc.)...
  • The guard uniforms can be cheaply made while still being high quality (aprons, chef hats with appropriately solid colored shirts)...

Besides, that main theme is beautiful...

You want the guard in aprons in chief hats??? Really??? Wow...

The Scouts beed to forget overthinking a show concept & spend time hiring the right people & picking good music.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well said Jason - great post! I will be digging deeper into

my wallet as well...Lord knows I could lose a few pounds around

the mid section by spending less on food and more on Madison.

But I'm going even further than Zentropa - I'm eating Ramen for 2 weeks! :thumbup:

Jeff, ya right. You just eating Ramen, thats like me not drinking beer for a whole year. Looking for a few hundred alums and fans to find some change in there couches and send it the Corps way. It will be fun trying to get everyone to find a way to do that this year early instead of waiting untill Aug. of next year. The Alums need to step up this year agian and from now on if this is going to turn around. Heres to getting everyone involved to send 1 dollar to the Corps and all alums that are alive to pay there Corps dues before the beggining of the season. What do you think the Corps needs to improve on for next season? Should be a very interesting off season this year. It will be fun. See ya next year,

Jason

Jeff, ya right. You just eating Ramen, thats like me not drinking beer for a whole year. Looking for a few hundred alums and fans to find some change in there couches and send it the Corps way. It will be fun trying to get everyone to find a way to do that this year early instead of waiting untill Aug. of next year. The Alums need to step up this year agian and from now on if this is going to turn around. Heres to getting everyone involved to send 1 dollar to the Corps and all alums that are alive to pay there Corps dues before the beggining of the season. What do you think the Corps needs to improve on for next season? Should be a very interesting off season this year. It will be fun. See ya next year,

Jason

Also, please help us with updating the Madison Scouts alumni database by going into CorpsData and updating your contact info. Please be sure to update your mailing address, phone number, and email address. That way you'll receive important Scouts communications directly instead of hearing it third-hand here in DCP.

Thank you!

Linda

with KLINGON masks and SPOK ears this year ??

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Only Kidding please no flames.

All the best to the SCOUTS in 2010

LL

Worked fine for VK in '96.

Oh wait...

I'd like to hear them keep the Latin Classical theme that they've developed over the last couple of years. I think, placements notwithstanding, that it's an effective vehicle for them.

Of course, I also think the guard uniforms need some rethinking, too.

Mike

BWWWAAAAHAHAHAHahahahahahaaaaaa....... Whew, I don't care who yar thats funny right there!!

BWWWAAAAHAHAHAHahahahahahaaaaaa....... Whew, I don't care who yar thats funny right there!!

Maybe "redeveloped" would be a better way of putting it?

Was referring with emphasis to the "classical" part, not the Latin. Yes, I know what they've played previous. :thumbup: But they've included contemporary latin classical pieces the last couple of years that I think have added depth to their shows, and I'd like to see them keep with it.

Mike

Was referring with emphasis to the "classical" part, not the Latin. Yes, I know what they've played previous. :thumbup: But they've included contemporary latin classical pieces the last couple of years that I think have added depth to their shows, and I'd like to see them keep with it.

Mike

Gotcha, just struck me as funny the way it read.

You can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear either.

Elephant ears are cool! The powdered sugar....mmmmmmmmm