Madison Scouts Announce Jim Prime as Music Arranger and Designer

I'm actually hoping this will turn the tide away from the current musical direction back to something I will find truly interesting. It IS going to be fun.

Well if this year is any indication of old vs new and new dominating, my guess is that the new design team from Madison will not want to go the route that Hoppy took this year (not that you suggested that!). Mason and gang are not ones to look back...I actually think (although this is strictly my opinion) that part of the reason for their (Mason team) return to the field is the direction BD/Crown is taking this activity and their (Mason team) opinion that they can take it up a notch. I also wouldn't put it past them to having seen Madison floundering this past season and wanting to be part of their return to greatness. All this of course is clearly conjecture, but I just don't see things returning to hyper drill and old (been there, heard that) musical scores. The doors for innovators have been opened wide and I don't see Mason and crew trying to close them.....it's not in their DNA!

Edited by Plan9

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if this year is any indication of old vs new and new dominating, my guess is that the new design team from Madison will not want to go the route that Hoppy took this year (not that you suggested that!). Mason and gang are not ones to look back...I actually think (although this is strictly my opinion) that part of the reason for their (Mason team) return to the field is the direction BD/Crown is taking this activity and their (Mason team) opinion that they can take it up a notch. I also wouldn't put it past them to having seen Madison floundering this past season and wanting to be part of their return to greatness. All this of course is clearly conjecture, but I just don't see things returning to hyper drill and old (been there, heard that) musical scores. The doors for innovators have been opened wide and I don't see Mason and crew trying to close them.....it's not in their DNA!

Cadets didn't go the old route this past year...

The took old charts and made them very "up-to-date".

I much prefer Crown's arrangements of the rest of the top 5 corps this past year. Those were not choppy at all, and it's what I'd expect from a Prime arrangement.... That and lots of mellophones!

does this mean the guard uniforms are out?

humor........

are we over this yet ?

"Crossmen fan! In Da House!"

Can't wait to see our favorite corps go head to head in 2010!

I loves me some Crossmen.

Where is the thread for em... I want to give them all the support that you give Scouts!

Woo Hoo!

I would guess that this design team will push the activity to a new level with what they do but will also find a way of making it "Madison" in the process. I get the sense we have something special coming from this group of Scouts and the GE in their show will not suffer due to innovation.

What's next? Reincarnating Jim Ott or Jim Jones to step in on the management and brass teams? :rolleyes:

What's next? Reincarnating Jim Ott or Jim Jones to step in on the management and brass teams? :rolleyes:

Yes

I am not sure I have seen it mentioned on any of the current madison threads, but I would love to know if Tom Hannum is being considered for the position of Drum Caption head. Am I the only one around the loves the way Jimmer and Tom worked together in the past? Is Jeff Lee not one of Tom's guys? Seems like it might be a good match. Would a Tom Hannum drum line fly in the face of the Madison faithful?

(Personal Note)

This particular flavor of Kool-Aid is pretty palatable for me....I have been drinking this staffs kool-aid for years. I can show you a closet full of Ott Trophies. (Earned Consecutively by the way.) I would still give my big toe to get to march and be a part of what is going to happen to that wonderful group that comes on board next year.

Go Jim Prime!