Bridgeport show

LOL!

OK, well first things first, you obviously haven't seen Empire's drumline.....they are on FIRE!

The snareline is best in DCA. Sure, they might not be winning drums, but thats because some other corps have ridiculously good Bass and tenor lines. Empire's of course are amazing as well :rolleyes:

You wont find another corps like Empire, you will find yourself bored to death, you watch. The only corps that would give you the demand of a DCI corps, is the Bucs, because they are just that good.

Heh, good luck making them.

I'm just a mere Horn player so I don't know a lot of things about percussion but, I think Empire may be one of the few Corps' that actually employ rudiments in their percussion.(as opposed to a whole bunch of single stick Rolls) I also have to add that their Pass In Review, Trooping the Stands as it were (old timers know what I'm talking about) Crab Walk is worth the price of a ticket. I guess you would call it........"STATESMEN STYLE"........They just don't seem to be done until they completly disappear. Just sayin........

Edited by melligene

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow things are getting a little testy on a very positive wonderful dca season. This is one of the best seasons competition wise of all time for me. It's been a real treat. for the guy complaining about facilities and such I recommend you let the directors of the corps handle it. Yes brigs snares are great! all 5 were getting down, and Yes empire's snare line crabbing the crowd while walking off was amazing. But the corps which has made the biggest stride this year is the Hurcs. The brigs, Bush and Empire has had their share of the big trophy and the Hurcs will likely come up short but they have accomplished

great things this year.

Liz thank you for the compliment's of the pics. I had A great view.

If anyone would like a copy send me a pm.

:rolleyes:

LOL!

OK, well first things first, you obviously haven't seen Empire's drumline.....they are on FIRE!

The snareline is best in DCA. Sure, they might not be winning drums, but thats because some other corps have ridiculously good Bass and tenor lines. Empire's of course are amazing as well :blink:

You wont find another corps like Empire, you will find yourself bored to death, you watch. The only corps that would give you the demand of a DCI corps, is the Bucs, because they are just that good.

Heh, good luck making them.

You got a point on the "bored to death" and about Bucs beeing that good. But what snare lines have you marched to say that Empire's snare line is on fire? You have gotta to be kidding me! I have marched more lines than most of you on here, and let me tell you my friend, this year's Empire snareline is not "on fire"! :doh: They had years where they were by far the best...just not this year! Try considering marching demand over book demand...then you'll get what I'm saying. They are good...but just not great in my opinion. Did you see them this past Saturday? Cause I was about to fall asleep just watching their faces...Maybe I just have a different opinion on what "on fire" really means.

Don't get me wrong...I thought the other lines above them would have ######## snarelines...until I saw and heard them....

Anyways, it will all turn out to be the best drumline at Finals winning. As simple as that. If it's Empire, then be it! :rolleyes:

Btw, good luck on making them? What are trying to say? Good luck on making the line? I could teach those guys! And I could tune these freaking snares better too... :doh:

Edited by frenchmasterflex

You got a point on the "bored to death" and about Bucs beeing that good. But what snare lines have you marched to say that Empire's snare line is on fire? You have gotta to be kidding me! I have marched more lines than most of you on here, and let me tell you my friend, this year's Empire snareline is not "on fire"! :doh: They had years where they were by far the best...just not this year! Try considering marching demand over book demand...then you'll get what I'm saying. They are good...but just not great in my opinion. Did you see them this past Saturday? Cause I was about to fall asleep just watching their faces...Maybe I just have a different opinion on what "on fire" really means.

Don't get me wrong...I thought the other lines above them would have ######## snarelines...until I saw and heard them....

Anyways, it will all turn out to be the best drumline at Finals winning. As simple as that. If it's Empire, then be it! :rolleyes:

Btw, good luck on making them? What are trying to say? Good luck on making the line? I could teach those guys! And I could tune these freaking snares better too... :doh:

Yo Frenchy, I think YOU are on FIRE! :blink:

I love this place!

Mike

Spartans '87

The Foundation Year

.....maybe because Empire doesn't wear shakos? All the other corps look like that, I guarantee you, you just can't see them because of a shako/police hat covering their faces.

I'm just a mere Horn player so I don't know a lot of things about percussion but, I think Empire may be one of the few Corps' that actually employ rudiments in their percussion.(as opposed to a whole bunch of single stick Rolls) I also have to add that their Pass In Review, Trooping the Stands as it were (old timers know what I'm talking about) Crab Walk is worth the price of a ticket. I guess you would call it........"STATESMEN STYLE"........They just don't seem to be done until they completly disappear. Just sayin........

agree on the beat, but there's a lot of rudiment stuff out there in books today.

Wow,

Does someone always have to find something negative to say? And It seems that its a common thread. The Hurricanes. No matter what they do, Someone has the Hurricanes in the middle of some stupid mess. And now they are throwing Empire into the mix. At the beginning, people thought the guard was over hyped, now not a single word about them and they are still undefeated. Then the entire drum corps is over hyped. Nothing else from that. Then they had to find something else to cry over. So they said something about hurcs being disrespected by Bush. Now that Hurcs have essentially squashed everything everyone has said, someone has to find something else wrong like the rehearsal fields and the awards. And if thats not enough, they have to start on Empire because they couldnt find enough things to say about Hurcs. Give me a break. Cant you just Enjoy the season without stating some stupid controversy?

Here is the kicker, 95% of the time, its by some no name person who doesnt post much, that says that they have x amount of years of experience. I respect the opinions of the people who are the long time posters and proven track records withing the drum corps activity. I dont have to agree, but I respect it. I feel sorry for what ever drum corps that the original "Im too good for empire" gets you. Your going in with the wrong mind set. Empire, Hurcs, and all others work their butts off to get to where they are now and dont really need people like that to make it seem like there season is anything less than what it is.

Wow,

Does someone always have to find something negative to say? And It seems that its a common thread. The Hurricanes. No matter what they do, Someone has the Hurricanes in the middle of some stupid mess. And now they are throwing Empire into the mix. At the beginning, people thought the guard was over hyped, now not a single word about them and they are still undefeated. Then the entire drum corps is over hyped. Nothing else from that. Then they had to find something else to cry over. So they said something about hurcs being disrespected by Bush. Now that Hurcs have essentially squashed everything everyone has said, someone has to find something else wrong like the rehearsal fields and the awards. And if thats not enough, they have to start on Empire because they couldnt find enough things to say about Hurcs. Give me a break. Cant you just Enjoy the season without stating some stupid controversy?

Here is the kicker, 95% of the time, its by some no name person who doesnt post much, that says that they have x amount of years of experience. I respect the opinions of the people who are the long time posters and proven track records withing the drum corps activity. I dont have to agree, but I respect it. I feel sorry for what ever drum corps that the original "Im too good for empire" gets you. Your going in with the wrong mind set. Empire, Hurcs, and all others work their butts off to get to where they are now and dont really need people like that to make it seem like there season is anything less than what it is.

I think we all feel your passion........NOW......slowl-e-e-e-ey...step away from the keyboard......... :rolleyes:

I think we all feel your passion........NOW......slowl-e-e-e-ey...step away from the keyboard......... :rolleyes:

lol. I apologize for my rant.