Bruno Zuccala resigns from cavaliers

AlexL

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to a LOT of the replies and responses about drum corps overall and how bad things are, here is someones chance to apply and change it for the better. Good luck to everyone who movesa into and out of a position with any corps this year.

The Cavaliers have been around for 61 years. I suspect they'll weather this development just fine. Sixty one years mean a lot of alumni, and a lot of alumni mean there are probably a lot of prospects out there. It's my understanding that they like to keep key-position appointments in-house, though that doesn't mean they will do so in this instance. That's their call. Keep in mind also that the founder of the corps, Don Warren, and long-time director, Adolph DeGrauwe (now on their board) are both still around. Good luck to The Cavaliers from this Cadet Alumnus as they respond to this new challenge, as they have so successfully responded to so many challenges in the past.

Itd be interesting if the brass was to suddenly take a completely different approach (if the brass caption head resignation is confirmed). I for one would welcome a loud cavaliers.

Edited by alarson83

It's time for the Cavies to shake the tree a bit and see what falls out. They are kind of falling into a same-old, same-old, kind of thing program wise, and it may be time for them to reinvent themselves a bit.

Like someone else said, change isn't always bad ...

According to a LOT of the replies and responses about drum corps overall and how bad things are, here is someones chance to apply and change it for the better. Good luck to everyone who movesa into and out of a position with any corps this year.

What an interesting post.

So as this applies to the Cavaliers specifically, please explain...

what was so bad?

what could be changed for the better?

I'm really interested in your thoughts...as they pertain to the Rosemont Cavaliers.

It says in Bruno's profile that he is "assistant to the administrator of . . . " in his everyday job. It could be that being chief was not Bruno's thing. Bruno is based in Pennsylvania while Fiedler was based at home in Chicago. I assume the director has to be in town more. Aren't most directors near there base?