Belated Prelim Review

Yes, I do have my opinions, but I also can read Dan. Comments were made on FaceBook (which will not be reposted here as it would violate guidelines as I know them) and those comments were very telling of how some members personally felt. I am not trying to make you look like idiots. I saw cracks at the judges and yes, some of them read as if there was a conspiracy to keep Kilties out of finals.

I'll think you'll have a hard time finding ANY (well maybe Buccaneers) corps that doesn't have members feeling like they got jipped one year or another.

Agree?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll think you'll have a hard time finding ANY (well maybe Buccaneers) corps that doesn't have members feeling like they got jipped one year or another.

Agree?

never :thumbup:

but to blame it on a conspiracy because of how people feel from 40 years ago is a joke

never :thumbup:

but to blame it on a conspiracy because of how people feel from 40 years ago is a joke

Its pretty hard to argue with that Jeff. Mainly since there is nothing in your restatement which resembles what has been said.

No point in continuing this discussion

i get it. you threw it out there, and since people aren't jumping on your bandwagon, you no longer want to discuss it. got it

Agree?

Thanks for this. I said essentially the same thing,

Every corps has people who think they could have or should have done better with the judges including finalists who #### and moan in uniform and on this and other forums that they were not fairly adjudicated

In response to this,

I have been in the concessions area and heard many Kilties members, while in partial uniform ##### and moan about how they get screwed over, the judges are out to get them, theories this, conspiracy that.

I very much doubt this poster actually heard anyone in the Kilties talk about conspiracies, but there are a few people in this discussion who apparently feel when its Kilties who complain, it always means they believe there is a "conspiracy". Other DCA corps who complain, not so much. And you can believe that I too have heard plenty of grousing from top DCA corps members about their finishes. Then when I make a related but separate point about some DCA longtimers having trouble ridding themselves of preconceived notions about our corps, a brilliant new theory is forwarded stating that now we,

blame it on a conspiracy because of how people feel from 40 years ago

Priceless.

Its unfortunate because I know every time someone in the Kilties complains or defends their corps there are a few people who are just going say its us whining as usual. Then go blithely back to their usual East Coast discussions about who got screwed 20 or 30 years ago as though their complaints are always perfectly legitimate.

Well, since no one else has, here's a review of prelims that includes all 24 corps.

Warning - this review contains opinions. If you have any allergy or intolerance toward other people's opinions, then to you I say:

Every corps was great (and they all were....just to differing degrees). Stop reading here.

d

snip

um...I kept reading. I'd like to get to a DCA show. Thanks for a good review.

Last contest we attended was 1983. The ladies went to Pasadena 2007, life got in the way, I couldn't go.

I'm probably older than most people on this thread and would like to go to a drum corps contest.

I'll keep reading threads; as yet not convinced as to which contest I should attend in 2010.

btw AAG drum corps performed with Pipers that wore Kilts in 74 outdoors and 91 indoors; the recordings are...um...awesome...for lack of a better word :-)

Thanks for this. I said essentially the same thing,

In response to this,

I very much doubt this poster actually heard anyone in the Kilties talk about conspiracies, but there are a few people in this discussion who apparently feel when its Kilties who complain, it always means they believe there is a "conspiracy". Other DCA corps who complain, not so much. And you can believe that I too have heard plenty of grousing from top DCA corps members about their finishes. Then when I make a related but separate point about some DCA longtimers having trouble ridding themselves of preconceived notions about our corps, a brilliant new theory is forwarded stating that now we,

Priceless.

Its unfortunate because I know every time someone in the Kilties complains or defends their corps there are a few people who are just going say its us whining as usual. Then go blithely back to their usual East Coast discussions about who got screwed 20 or 30 years ago as though their complaints are always perfectly legitimate.

I said nothing about anyone being screwed 20/30 years ago. I could care less who feels they got screwed 20/30 years ago. You made statements, I responded with facts you really can't overcome.

Perhaps we should open another thread entitled "Kilties Sour Grapes". But here's my theory.....I think the reason Kilties never make finals is because there are always at least 10 corps who show up to DCA's which are better than they are.

um...I kept reading. I'd like to get to a DCA show. Thanks for a good review.

Last contest we attended was 1983. The ladies went to Pasadena 2007, life got in the way, I couldn't go.

I'm probably older than most people on this thread and would like to go to a drum corps contest.

I'll keep reading threads; as yet not convinced as to which contest I should attend in 2010.

btw AAG drum corps performed with Pipers that wore Kilts in 74 outdoors and 91 indoors; the recordings are...um...awesome...for lack of a better word :-)

Judging by your sig, you're not older by much... :thumbup:

Never did DCI Week but starting going back to DCA Weekend in 2005. Lotta fun since there are a bunch of DCPers to look for. Especially since NanciD and <forget name> make up name badges for us to wear if we want. My wife is still amazed how many people I talk to that I met thru DCP.

"Did you march with him?"

"Nah.. Internet"

"And I can't get you to say two words outside of a corps show!" :worthy: