Belated Prelim Review

Perhaps we should open another thread entitled "Kilties Sour Grapes". But here's my theory.....I think the reason Kilties never make finals is because there are always at least 10 corps who show up to DCA's which are better than they are.

Actually Kilties did make DCA Finals. In 1998 at DCA in Allentown, Pa. they placed 10th in both Prelims and Finals.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually Kilties did make DCA Finals. In 1998 at DCA in Allentown, Pa. they placed 10th in both Prelims and Finals.

Anyone out there want to question Sig...? Not Me...... :thumbup:

Perhaps we should open another thread entitled "Kilties Sour Grapes". But here's my theory.....I think the reason Kilties never make finals is because there are always at least 10 corps who show up to DCA's which are better than they are.

Holy self fulfilling prophecies Batman! Thanks for behaving exactly as predicted.

Lesson learned: Never contest ignorant comments because of posters like this.

Eddie Reese is the little old badge maker!

Ray

Thanks Ray, I could only remember the name started with an "E".

LOL, and you're one of the people I talked to at Mini Corps few years back. :thumbup:

Also.... and I could very well be completely off-base with this, and if I am I apologize, but this was my impression..... In those early years, I got the impression that the corps didn't quite take DCA seriously.

Fran

Fran,

You just put a stake through my heart!

I marched with Kilites in "those early years" and I thought we took DCA very seriously.

The operative word there being "thought". A few of us had only recently made the move from alumni corps (in my case St Joe's) and quite frankly I don't think we (and I am not speaking for all of my brothers from back then) really knew just how hard one has to work to be a real contender. NOW BEFORE ANYONE GETS THEIR SHORTS OR KILT IN A KNOT.......I've watched the Kilites rehearse for DCA several times over the past few years and they definitely 'get it' now.

The program is building and judging by what I saw and heard in 2009, if they stay with the plan it will be very difficult to keep them out of finals in 2010. Quite possibly better than 10th.

WWBD

yeah i never thought they didnt take it seriously. i felt it was mostly programming

Fran,

You just put a stake through my heart!

I marched with Kilites in "those early years" and I thought we took DCA very seriously.

The operative word there being "thought". A few of us had only recently made the move from alumni corps (in my case St Joe's) and quite frankly I don't think we (and I am not speaking for all of my brothers from back then) really knew just how hard one has to work to be a real contender. NOW BEFORE ANYONE GETS THEIR SHORTS OR KILT IN A KNOT.......I've watched the Kilites rehearse for DCA several times over the past few years and they definitely 'get it' now.

The program is building and judging by what I saw and heard in 2009, if they stay with the plan it will be very difficult to keep them out of finals in 2010. Quite possibly better than 10th.

WWBD

Well-said, Gord... and I agree with you about the Kilts most definitely "getting it" now. It's a different corps from the one 10 years ago, no question.

Fran

• 2 months later...