Another remember when

What concert number from the old days still sends chills up your spine. You remember when the corps stopped and the blew their brains out and the colorguard went absolutley for broke with the bomb tosses etc. What one stands out to you after all these years. Mine was my own 84 Sky Ryder park and blow, Le Virgin de les Macarena, in which I was hit MANY times in practice by the rifles in their bomb tossing. Loved every minute of that entire season.

Edited by 84skyrydr

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What concert number from the old days still sends chills up your spine. You remember when the corps stopped and the blew their brains out and the colorguard went absolutley for broke with the bomb tosses etc. What one stands out to you after all these years. Mine was my own 84 Sky Ryder park and blow, Le Virgin de les Macarena, in which I was hit MANY times in practice by the rifles in their bomb tossing. Loved every minute of that entire season.

I would add 1981 Sky Ryders concert. Wonderful soprano feature and great excitement.

Malaguena 1980 Madison, 1974 Muchachos would be at the top of my list as well.

1980 Bridgemen: In the Stone

1976 BD - "Legend of the One Eyed Sailor" - actual visuals (for the day) in the drum section made it watchable.

1974 Troopers - 800 versions of "Yellow Rose of Texas" - least it seemed like 800. :sleeping:

Sr side

1974 Yankee Rebels "Minstel Show" too long to explain but a WTH for the day.

early 1970s Rochester Crusaders "Jesus Christ Superstar" and Skyliners "Luceria McEvil". Pure piston/rotor power.

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

1961 Cambridge Cabs: Malaguena

1961 Queensmen: Tin Roof Blues

1964 St. Kevin's: Rampart Street Parade

1965 Vasella Musketeers: American Patrol

:-)

Malaguena, Madison 1981.

Thank you, everyone else can go home.

Oh, all right.

Niner-Two, 27th Lancers 1981. A groundbreaking epic number, but the concert portion is awesome in its own right.

La Fiesta, BD 1984. Marrone. Gets the nod over Chuck Corea from 1982.

Hall of the Mountain King, Phantom 1978. Just awesome.

Whiplash, Knights 1983. Find it if you can and dig it. 7/4 and LOUD.

THIS COULD GO ON ALL DAY!

'78 North Star - Ole' :wub:

'80 27th Lancers - Open Wide The Contra/Soprano duet is worth the price of admission.

'76 Blue Devils - Legend of the one-eyed sailor Bonnie Ott FTW

'80 Conquistadors - Chain Reaction 13/8 ...You try to march to it. :thumbup:

Honorable mention: Every 3rd corps in 1978/79: Children of Sanchez :wub::wub::devil:

'78 North Star - Ole' :wub:

'80 27th Lancers - Open Wide The Contra/Soprano duet is worth the price of admission.

'76 Blue Devils - Legend of the one-eyed sailor Bonnie Ott FTW

'80 Conquistadors - Chain Reaction 13/8 ...You try to march to it. :thumbup:

Honorable mention: Every 3rd corps in 1978/79: Children of Sanchez :wub::wub::devil:

79 NS was better - Noonan aimed it right at Maynard...