Hitler...

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LMAO :tongue:

He's right, Bawker. I can do that all by myself.

Y'all haven't dissuaded me, though. I stand by what I said. Y'all wouldn't be enjoying the video so much if it were making fun of the drum corps of yore. You love it ... it's a joke ... it's for fun ... because you still hold hope that its pathetic premise has resonance beyond a core bunch of complainers on DCP. That's why you think it's so great, which it is not.

HH

actually...anything done this well that brilliantly satirizes drum corps i'd laugh at. Thebeauty of this is it shows how so seriously people take all this.

if someone trotted this out about bringing in the pit or 2nd valve, i'd roar.

I wonder how he felt about 3-valve.

:tongue:

(you) People are dumb.

thanks for sharing this well thought out feeling and viewpoint. it raised DCP's posting quality by leaps and bounds

Hey, I expected the "lighten up Francis" response and posted my thoughts anyway. Some of you chose to comment on the humor. I chose to comment on another aspect without regard to the humor (which I admit). Agree or don't. But don't suggest my interpretation is illegitimate.

HH

The question to me is: are YOU ?

I thought it was great....esp the line about Bb....VERY clever writing throughout....funny stuff!

Glad we agree on something.

So much was captured....DCP / RAMD / Bb / MY son was going to march Crown.....all very funny.

Id this person ran a corps, it would be funnier than Bridgemen or VK combined..

I think we need MORE humor today and at least find this funny AND entertaining

He's right, Bawker. I can do that all by myself.

Y'all haven't dissuaded me, though. I stand by what I said. Y'all wouldn't be enjoying the video so much if it were making fun of the drum corps of yore. You love it ... it's a joke ... it's for fun ... because you still hold hope that its pathetic premise has resonance beyond a core bunch of complainers on DCP. That's why you think it's so great, which it is not.

HH

I have listened to tapes of when I marched the early 70's and it was painful and something I would never want to go back to, however, there is nothing wrong with what has been produced in modern times without electrical devices.

Do you sell electronic devices for a living ?

I have listened to tapes of when I marched the early 70's and it was painful and something I would never want to go back to, however, there is nothing wrong with what has been produced in modern times without electrical devices.

Just as there is nothing wrong with using electrical devices.

I think that the video was pretty disrespectful. Hopkins was simply trying to innovate, make drum corps better, and expand the possibilities of it. I have no problem with that.

I disagree. It wasn't disrespectful enough towards Harold Hill