Hitler...

An old-time comedian once made a statement about what makes people laugh:

People only laugh at things that they really believe.

Notice, he didn't say that the joke had to be true. It meant that people had to believe it, at least on a subconscious level.

Now, none of us really believe that Hitler is alive, and that he is in a cave somewhere, ranting furiously about trends in drum corps. That is absurd.

But many of us believe the sentiments in this video are correct - or at least, we believe that others hold to these sentiments. That is why we find the video to be funny. And that is people on both sides of this debate can still laugh at this joke. The anti-electronics crowd actually believe much of what is stated in the subtitles. The pro-electronics crowd, by contrast, believe that others hold these beliefs. (I would argue that those folks are actually laughing at those that hold those beliefs.)

Of course, there are other traits of an action that make it funny. In general, it must be something that is unexpected or out of the ordinary. And it typically must involve someone else. It is rare that we can laugh at ourselves. (There is self-depricating humour, but it is a fraction of what we laugh at.)

I suppose this is mostly true....and what I agree mostly with is that its funny from both sides. The people i think are out of their mind are the ones that think this is some kind of rant against dinosaurs who hate amps and narration, and nothing more. It makes fun of both sides pretty equally, from the way it hitler overreacts to everything, and the lines about flooding dcp with comments, which is obviously a direct link to all the people who have complained about amps for the past 7 years. Yes, the video is based on truth, otherwise it wouldnt be funny. The clip takes the extremes from both sides and satirezes them...i dont see whats so evil about that (not in response to you, but what others have said)

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who would be Albert Speer?

albert_speer_dome_domed_hall_hitler_architect2.jpg

I'd say whoever designed Lucas Oil Stadium.

This thread has become more entertaining than the video. :tongue:

QFT!! :lol:

This video parody has been done a million times. Just search for "Hitler finds out..." and watch all the videos pop up, people copying people copying other people's original good idea. It's just not funny anymore. Just my opinion. :lol:

To the very few of us (like, seriously...2 people) that dont comb youtube all day looking for hilter parodies, its still pretty funny :tongue:

I'd say whoever designed Lucas Oil Stadium.

Acoustics are probably about the same as one of Speers (pronounced Schpeer) massive ###ed stone and concrete buildings. :lol:

Played inside an all concrete Hockey Areana and know what that's like... :tongue: