The BD equipment thread

I'm surprised no one has really posed the question of what will happen to Dynasty now that they lost their champion?

I never saw high school groups use dynasty to often. And I know directors look to corps when choosing to buy marching horns. So with only Gmen left (anyone else?) will Dynasty even survive in the marching world?

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BD on King... this could be good.

Word on the street is PR may be be switching to all Dynasty, Percussion and Brass...

I know we don't like rumors here, but I have to say it would make sense as Dynasty could really use picking up Phantom across the board. I personally don't think the Dynasty brass would sound any worse or better than the Quantum,but maybe business wise it could make sense. who knows?

I will believe it when I see it. :satisfied:

Edited by trumpetcam

So, will BDB and BDC use all King products as well? Thats a lot of surplus used equipment that will turn black and blue once BD moves on....I hope they do something positive with it

yay for crappy baritones and not so good trumpets? (kings)

i hope they decide to sell those used Dynasty's...i'd love to get my hands on one of those sweet euphoniums

All I have to say is good luck to the lead trumpets playing on Kings

From what I heard from a friend who marched Phantom in 08 (on King, Lead Trumpet)

They are a MUCH better horn than Dynasty's. I absolutly hated playing on the Dynasty last year (and gave bad experience to Bb). The only note that was far fetched in tuning was my G above the staff, at a remarkable 30 cents sharp with most other notes 3-5 cents either way (normal). Everyone I had play it had the same problem.

Best horn I played to date... G Kanstul Powerbore. The tuning is superior to any Bb I have played (I am poor, cant afford 2000 for a horn)