Spirit is moving

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then why move back to Atlanta if you won't put the city back in your title? A big thumbs down to management for not making the name change. http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/styl...default/sad.gif

Yikes, a bit of a curmudgeon, are we? There could be any of a dozen different reasons - legal issues, sponsorship, who knows? Besides - does, or should, Spirit have any kind of obligation to you (or anyone else) as far as what they choose to call themselves?

Thumbs down to you for calling them out without having any kind of real information or knowledge of the situation. Best of luck to Spirit. Hoping they'll be successful in their new/old home.

Peace,

Fred O.

Edited by drumno5

Oh.....to hear Brandt announce the Spirit of ATLANTA once again! :thumbup:

And of course, now all the kids can learn all of the classic derisive names!

Uhhmmmmm,,,,,

Spit of a Llama

Random Sediment

Blowchunks

Batmen

It starts getting obscene now so I'll go no further.....

Uhhmmmmm,,,,,

Spit of a Llama

Random Sediment

Blowchunks

Batmen

It starts getting obscene now so I'll go no further.....

Those are some of the cleaner ones I can remember. Let's not try for any of the less "family friendly" stuff here. :thumbup:

My personal opinion????

No!

3 different corps with 3 different styles and 3 different schedules. Not everyone can commit to a DCI schedule and CV and Alliance have vastly different programming.

More to love.

Agreed. Plus, Atlanta is a big town. I have a feeling that if people from Georgia wanted to march with Spirit, they would have done it in Jacksonville (its not that far). They will all be fine. It is nice to see three good corps located in Atlanta... wow, that's a lot.

Yikes, a bit of a curmudgeon, are we? There could be any of a dozen different reasons - legal issues, sponsorship, who knows? Besides - does, or should, Spirit have any kind of obligation to you (or anyone else) as far as what they choose to call themselves?

Thumbs down to you for calling them out without having any kind of real information or knowledge of the situation. Best of luck to Spirit. Hoping they'll be successful in their new/old home.

Peace,

Fred O.

And a double thumbs down to you for giving me a thumbs down for my original thumbs down. I'm so insulted, because really, we get insulted over people giving us an online thumbs down and all. Thats what rational people do, they take offense to people giving thumbs down. ;)

And a double thumbs down to you for giving me a thumbs down for my original thumbs down. I'm so insulted, because really, we get insulted over people giving us an online thumbs down and all. Thats what rational people do, they take offense to people giving thumbs down. ;)

Looks like we're all thumbs today. Still thumbs down on your o.p., but no personal disrespect intended.

Peace! :thumbup:

Fred O.