The history of the Westshoremen

Well the services have improved, but you need a small business loan to buy anything! The hoddogs are STILL tiny, the beers aren't worth it for the price (a. crappy brands, b. small cups) The funny part is that they "police" the parking lots and deter tailgating, and harass anyone that is drinking!

Unlike the Penn State games where the food around and inside the stadium is awesome, and pretty much worth the price (ok, they don't serve beer inside, which is probably a GOOD idea!)...AND they PROMOTE tailgating!

Hershey is out of touch with reality!! I attempt to avoid concerts there if at all possible, but ya gotta do what you gotta do!

I found a place worse for food price and quality. Was at DC yesterday. We had 2 bottles of water, a chicken bbq combo and a hot dog combo, our bill was over $25. The fries were good only because they were made fresh. Everything else was lacking taste.

Okay, I have to ask: Whats a "HERCO'? I live in Ohio. forgive me. please.

Forget if it's Hershey Entertainment and Resorts Corp. or Hershey Corp. (Scott/Ben can correct me)..... IOW - the maroons behind the HERSHEYs cluster ####

LOL, my sister worked downtown at a bank until Herco closed the building. Hershey, PA is going into "olde towne" mode and the building is to be demolished. Only time sis gives the finger in front of my dad. :dontgetit: Nothing like riding with them and hearing "Pets are doing fine... excuse me... UP YOURS *flip the bird*.... just HAVE to do that everytime we go by the plant" (corporate offices).

Forget if it's Hershey Entertainment and Resorts Corp. IOW - the maroons behind the HERSHEYs cluster ####

LOL, my sister worked downtown at a bank until Herco closed the building. Hershey, PA is going into "olde towne" mode and the building is to be demolished. Only time sis gives the finger in front of my dad. :dontgetit: Nothing like riding with them and hearing "Pets are doing fine... excuse me... UP YOURS *flip the bird*.... just HAVE to do that everytime we go by the plant" (corporate offices).

There is your correct answer. They want to rebuild the downtown to be like it was when the park was started with the entrance up where the kissing tower is. Not sure of the time from, but this is what I was told by sales.

the old Jeff, yes. Still trying to find the old Jeff :dontgetit:

the new jeff has those moments ( read Club DCP in the OT forums) but I pick and choose my spots better.

which makes the rants that much better

by the way W, to discuss 92 that we kinda brought up in the thread in the main forum....

92 was a cluster #### show. taboo, a latin jazzy kind of thing. Street Dancin, a rewrite of the legendary 86 Crossmen drum solo, and Blue In The Night, more or less the Future Corps version, minus the fugue part which was taken out and should have been left in.

horn guy stopped coming around early because Hurcs offered a better paying and closer gig. Pit really needed a full time tech. Horns very talented, but very Lazy. Battery full of fire, but at times Perc staff seemed too consumed with their trophy and not the total product.

it made 91 almost look good in terms of design, but the corps was far bigger in 92.

add in a program coordinator with his own ####ed up ideas about changing the name of the corps ( remember that Patriot article and still scream) instead of coordinating the show/staff.

what should have been a top 3 show due to the talent ended up 6th. Almost killed the corps. I'll leave most of the names out to protect the guilty, but, well, you;ll see some of them this winter.

Know two of the people mentioned and that now fits into my understanding far better.

I'll tell you a little thing about Taboo and the bari parts later and an ensuing conversation, LOL.

But yeah... take a look at prelims scores...

3. Caballeros 93.500

4. Hurricanes 93.300

5. Westshoremen 93.200

What I said earlier about being positive!? And lemme tell yah, I know the Hurcs had a very respectable horn line that season, and the Cabs hornline that year was capable of being the best out there when the stars were properly aligned.

I just happy I was right on about being .3 out of 3rd after prelims. Wasn't fuzzy memory or the like.

And yeah H-B, it's Hershey Entertainment and Resorts Co., the part of Hershey Foods that runs the Stadium, the Giant Center, the hotel, the Park, the Gardens... all those things and manages to come off as a bunch of grotty dillweeds towards a lot of the folks who live around here. The only good thing I can say is that at least they make money for the trust that runs Milton Hershey School and their at times nasty screwiness helps kids who desperately need the help. Otherwise they'd be down there with the Commies, Jar-Jar Binks, Darth Vader, and Hoppy. :dontgetit:

So what was to be the new name...... :dontgetit:

LOL, still can''t remember if I walked away from DC in 92 or 93. Must have been getting vibes from the corps.....

3. Caballeros 93.500

4. Hurricanes 93.300

5. Westshoremen 93.200

Holy mackerel... until I saw those scores I had forgotten about how close Westshore was that season.

As things turned out..... sounds like one of those "what if" seasons that every corps has sooner or later.

Know two of the people mentioned and that now fits into my understanding far better.

I'll tell you a little thing about Taboo and the bari parts later and an ensuing conversation, LOL.

3. Caballeros 93.500

4. Hurricanes 93.300

5. Westshoremen 93.200

What I said earlier about being positive!? And lemme tell yah, I know the Hurcs had a very respectable horn line that season, and the Cabs hornline that year was capable of being the best out there when the stars were properly aligned.

I just happy I was right on about being .3 out of 3rd after prelims. Wasn't fuzzy memory or the like.

And yeah H-B, it's Hershey Entertainment and Resorts Co., the part of Hershey Foods that runs the Stadium, the Giant Center, the hotel, the Park, the Gardens... all those things and manages to come off as a bunch of grotty dillweeds towards a lot of the folks who live around here. The only good thing I can say is that at least they make money for the trust that runs Milton Hershey School and their at times nasty screwiness helps kids who desperately need the help. Otherwise they'd be down there with the Commies, Jar-Jar Binks, Darth Vader, and Hoppy. :dontgetit:

in 92, it porobably didnt help that a certain drill writer often compared to Hitler had the fire alarm pulled at 4 am the morning of finals :confused: