The history of the Westshoremen

OK...this is the story of me meeting Chris Garrett!

Went to the wedding of a friend (who works with my wife) and wandered into the reception, drinking a lot of wine...and saw the DJ....thought..guy looks familiar, but ok....he said who he was and my wife goes "isn't he the guy that's on Fox 43 AND used to be a Westshore DM?" I said "THAT'S how I know who he is!" SO I figured I should go introduce myself at some point.....at dinner he was at the table next to me, so as i headed out to the bar, I stopped him and said "Hey Chris, do the words 'Valdaree Valderah' mean anything to you?" He looked at me..and the look on his face was PRICELESS! and said "OH MY GOD!" So I told him who I was, when I marched, etc. and he said that he heard of me blink.gif/> ...and we talked for a few minutes....During the wedding, there was a contingency that played some Polish music (The Dyngus society?!?!) and during that time, they played the Beer Barrel Polka....I wandered by and asked if he was singing the "right" words to it! He lost it! Then I said, we need to get a picture....to freak out "Ream"! so we did, posted it on FB and that was the history! He told me I need to do the "alumni" corps...I told him why I don't...he didn't buy it! Nice guy...wish I marched with him!! thumbup.gif/>/>

(and he's a good DJ!)

he is an awesome dj, and dude.....the 89-97 crew knew the legend of "Chumley". Every year Dan would whip out the 83 stories, and we ate it up.

and yeah, you should play

• Like 1

i dont know I dont ever seeing finals weekend 82 covered.

and yeah I tell em about the place.

but hey it looks like the drummers pushing for Love For Sale for the alumni corps won the battle

biggity buggity biggity buggity biggity buggity buggidabiggity bap BOOM!

he is an awesome dj, and dude.....the 89-97 crew knew the legend of "Chumley". Every year Dan would whip out the 83 stories, and we ate it up.

The "legend" hah! :tongue:

I agree... Ben, regardless of what happened back in the day... and I totally agree with you, what was said and done was not right... please consider giving the alumni corps a try. It's a lot of fun!!!

• Like 1

biggity buggity biggity buggity biggity buggity buggidabiggity bap BOOM!

I told terry Beiler, new percussion leader ( former captain during the Dan years) leave the single 9 in, but give it to the basses, because we know the snares STILL won't get it

:devil:/>

• Like 1

The "legend" hah! :tongue:/>

Ben, the "snorkling" for your stick story is still emulated annually. Anytime Hoov or Moyer or Stauffer start a story from back then it's always ...."and Chumley...."

:tongue:/>

• Like 1

Ben, the "snorkling" for your stick story is still emulated annually. Anytime Hoov or Moyer or Stauffer start a story from back then it's always ...."and Chumley...."

:tongue:/>/>

Ironically I'm now a scuba diver....back then...who knew? :blink:

Ironically I'm now a scuba diver....back then...who knew? :blink:/>

:tongue:/>

Vacation!!!! Now to get off my butt and start getting the pencil to paper for my I and E solo. Money is sent, entry form sent tomorrow.

Come watch DCA Weekend on Friday, see if I pull this off or go down in flames. I figure I'll have fun regardless. :satisfied:

I have the piece down in my head, just need to write it out and PRACTICE. :devil:

Got it written out pretty much yesterday. I've been thinking about the piece at work when I'm bored, which is nearly all the time, so it just came out onto the paper and out of the horn. Just have to build up the chops enough for one clean run. :satisfied: