The history of the Westshoremen

Then you have a twin...I shook your (or someone that looks like you) hand and said "Hey Jeff how you doin'?" or something like that.

I don't remember shaking any hands...we got there at the last minute....pre-night out jitters with a non family member babysitting for mommy( she was one of my pit kids at the Burg, I was only worried I'd come and Sadie'd already be playing with 4 mallets)

I don't remember shaking any hands...we got there at the last minute....pre-night out jitters with a non family member babysitting for mommy( she was one of my pit kids at the Burg, I was only worried I'd come and Sadie'd already be playing with 4 mallets)

Wow...then you have a dead-on twin!

Actually, I can tell you from personal experience, it was the Skyliners who came on after the Westshoremen in 1980. Butch Anderson assisted Walter Kelly in Shooing the errant birds as we were coming onto the field.

Sun came on after Westshore in 80. I remember one member of their National Section stepping on one of the birds.

Sun came on after Westshore in 80. I remember one member of their National Section stepping on one of the birds.

It was definitely Sun.

It was definitely Sun.

Yeah, it was definitely Sun! I remember standing off to the side and seeing them being held up coming on the field...but I don't remember someone stepping on one of the birds?!?!

I also remember the chief judge firing his starter pistol at them to try to scare them....

Talk about a fustercluck!! :blink:

ahhhh good old Walter Kelly and his pistol

ahhhh good old Walter Kelly and his pistol

I remember standing on the "hill" to the left of the stands, taking my cymbal and stand back to the truck, hoping to get a little glimpse of Sun's performance, and (strangely) signing some autographs for someone, and then looking over at the field wondering why Sun wasn't going on yet when I saw Walter Kelly and some of the other judges trying to get the doves off the field, and thought "yikes!" :doh:

I remember standing on the "hill" to the left of the stands, taking my cymbal and stand back to the truck, hoping to get a little glimpse of Sun's performance, and (strangely) signing some autographs for someone, and then looking over at the field wondering why Sun wasn't going on yet when I saw Walter Kelly and some of the other judges trying to get the doves off the field, and thought "yikes!" :doh:

I'm in the stands and probably the only one NOT laughing at it all....

All I could think of was: "Now watch up get a ####### penalty and miss 5th place". :sad:

Mom had the best line about Walt Kelly and the Dove Sea. "What if he runs out of blanks by the end of the show?". That REALLY helped my mood.... :ph34r:

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Anyone have experience with this guy:

Westshoremen CD

I'm in the stands and probably the only one NOT laughing at it all....

All I could think of was: "Now watch up get a ####### penalty and miss 5th place". :sad:/>

Mom had the best line about Walt Kelly and the Dove Sea. "What if he runs out of blanks by the end of the show?". That REALLY helped my mood.... :ph34r:/>

Great line!!!! :thumbup:

Yeah, after the show my father said he was afraid that we were going to get nailed for it.