The history of the Westshoremen

well Bucs are very active in the Baltimore area 4th parade scene....those parades pay ###### good. so make a bunch of money, get some rehearsal in....makes sense

I still hate parades.... :tongue:

I still hate parades.... :tongue:

Me, too!!! :thumbup:

The only parade I enjoyed marching was the Barnum Festival parade. Mostly because the folks along the parade route would supply us with free food and drinks if we played a song. :tongue:

the only parades I like are the ones I get paid to judge

Me, too!!! :thumbup:/>

The only parade I enjoyed marching was the Barnum Festival parade. Mostly because the folks along the parade route would supply us with free food and drinks if we played a song. :tongue:/>

Nice! I never got that! (although I DO remember the offers to hose us down when it was REALLY hot one year) (84, I think)

The only parade I ever enjoyed was the 1980 American Legion parade in Boston when we did it REALLY drunk! (and carried booze with us on it) :blink:

so back to 89........Serenade comesand goes, we play the opener and the closer...Explosion and Spirit of St Frederick. go outside and start learning drill.....they want Explosion at 160, and we're hauling some ### step size wise for that era and for DCA. Corps is slowly gelling, we begin working on Strawberry Soup for the middle of the show....lo and behold, the week before Danville, we have the whole show, as it was at that time, on the field!!

In fact, in a move no one understsood, we did our premier of the full show on the now former lawn in front of the then two building Bethany Village!

( and if you go over by bethany Village now, you know it's sprawled across the road and should have it's own zip code).

Danville day, and we rehearse up at Upper Dauphin HS, do a parade in Eville, then go to Danville. Not a bad first show, compared to the few years prior. Corps gets a little buzz about it. Then....it's on the busses in a week for...gasp!....Chicago, and playing Dayton on the way back.....

I might also add, sadly, the first year I marched was the last yearfor Danville, as well as Carlisle, for shows

I might also add, sadly, the first year I marched was the last yearfor Danville, as well as Carlisle, for shows

We used to have a Shatner-load of shows in PA! Hershey, Danville, Mechanicsburg, Carlisle, Scranton, Lewisburg etc...

I also remember the occasional show at West Shore Stadium...

So Jeff...(good to see you BTW, you didn't recognize me did you?) what did you think of the Rush show?

Edited by Jaminbenb

I do not remember seeing you at all......

as for the show...loved it. I mean, i would have liked older stuff that wasn't necessarily side 2 tunes from Power Windows and Hold your Fire, but they never disappoint.

I do not remember seeing you at all......

as for the show...loved it. I mean, i would have liked older stuff that wasn't necessarily side 2 tunes from Power Windows and Hold your Fire, but they never disappoint.

Then you have a twin...I shook your (or someone that looks like you) hand and said "Hey Jeff how you doin'?" or something like that.