Madison Announces 2010 Program

You're entitled to your opinion, TB, but no one really cares anymore about it. Even you can't spoil this exciting news with your meh attitude. If you can't find something nice to say, why say anything at all?

Go rain on someone else's parade...

:tongue:

Really?

Personally, I'm interested in what both camps have to say (e.g. those who are thrilled with the news, and those who aren't). After all, this is a discussion forum. Instead of telling us what __we all think and care about__, why not accept the fact that peoples opinions will differ from your own, and that doesn't necessarily mean they are trying to rain on anyone's parade.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing what new treatment Madison gives these pieces!

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Make it three. I'm not that excited to hear Gershwin yet again.

oh well. you can't please everyone... so_fragend_033.gif

Stoked about Slaughter. Pretty unexcited about Rhapsody.

Could go one of two ways... a little like "Firebird Suite" or doing symphony classics again and again one might say. Signature sounds... corps history... popular demand (except by a few)... If done right, could be a winner... AGAIN! If not, welllllllllll....

Really?

Personally, I'm interested in what both camps have to say (e.g. those who are thrilled with the news, and those who aren't). After all, this is a discussion forum. Instead of telling us what __we all think and care about__, why not accept the fact that peoples opinions will differ from your own, and that doesn't necessarily mean they are trying to rain on anyone's parade.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing what new treatment Madison gives these pieces!

I always love it when I get this lecture. :tongue: YOU'RE RIGHT... I'm a changed man. Thanks for enlightening me.

There's a history with the poster. I believe I clearly said he's entitled to his opinion... it's OK. Stay calm. But don't take MY ability to express MY opinion away because I jumped on someone - it is, after all, a discussion forum. :devil:

I've never really liked "Rhapsody" when it's been performed on a football field. Not by Scouts, not by Phantom. As I said before, though, I'm really excited to see how "Slaughter" turns out. And who knows, if there's anyone whose arrangements could turn me on to a tune, it's Jim Prime and Thom Hannum.

I always love it when I get this lecture. :tongue: YOU'RE RIGHT... I'm a changed man. Thanks for enlightening me.

There's a history with the poster. I believe I clearly said he's entitled to his opinion... it's OK. Stay calm. But don't take MY ability to express MY opinion away because I jumped on someone - it is, after all, a discussion forum. :devil:

Heh. I'm calm.

But back to the topic ... I can actually say I'm excited to see Madison in 2010, more so than I was the past few years. Though, not too thrilled about Rhapsody -- but interested in hearing what they decide to do with it.

In the right hands to structure the program... These songs can be amazing

AMAZING PROGRAM for all the right reasons. Rhapsody is a strong musical selection that lends itself to LOUD> :tongue: