World Class 2010 Programs

I am so thrilled that the 'Coats (and PC) are doing Asphalt Cocktail. If you are unfamiliar with it check it out: http://ostimusic.com/Asphalt-media.html

It was premiered ealier this spring by Michigan State University (and later by Oklahoma State, the MSU version is wayyy better) and I saw it first hand. It is going to translate to an amazing AMAZING piece on the field! Can't wait and GO BLUE!!!!!

DW

Some mild locational humor. I can't help but notice you talking up State, and then saying go blue at the end of your post.

Go Spartans.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Announcement came out back in October. From BKs' website:

The Blue Knights Drum and Bugle Corps of Denver, CO is pleased to announce the addition of Jim Prime to the Blue Knights design team for the coming competitive season. Jim will be joining Marc Sylvester, Russ Newbury, Jeff Ausdemore and Tim Newburn to design the Blue Knights 2010 program.

Returning to the Blue Knights in 2010 after a 17 year absence is DCI Hall of Famer Jim Prime. “Jim Prime played a key role in the development of the Blue Knights,” stated Blue Knights Executive Director Mark Arnold. “He was our musical arranger along with fellow design team members George Zingali and Ralph Hardimon when we first became a DCI finalist. His influence was instrumental in shaping the musical approach of the corps for years to come. Jim will be assisting with overall programming and musical design. I am excited to welcome him back!” Mr. Prime has arranged for the Garfield Cadets, Star of Indiana and was Music Director of the Tony award winning Broadway hit musical Blast!

“We are blessed with a design team that brings an incredible amount of experience and prior success in the drum corps activity to the Blue Knights,” said Arnold. “I can hardly wait to see our show on the field this summer!”

Where does it say in the press release that Jim Prime is BK's brass arranger? It indicates that he will be "assisting with overall programming and musical design", but that doesn't make him their arranger.

Where does it say in the press release that Jim Prime is BK's brass arranger? It indicates that he will be "assisting with overall programming and musical design", but that doesn't make him their arranger.

After checking with a Blue Knights brass staffer today I learned that Jim Prime is in fact writing the brass arrangements for the corps this season. I stand corrected.

You know, I can't really picturing the Cadets playing that tune. It's got a definite Phantom feel to it. We'll see though.

For those of you who don't know your drum corps history (or reps), Santa Clara Vanguard played Procession of the Nobles in 1968, 1969 and 1970!

Don't believe me? Check CorpsReps.com

Ron Gunn

Edited by INSIDETHEFORTY

anyone know Crown's selections or BD's??

I hear Academy got their closer and are rehearsing it this upcoming weekend... And the show SHOULD be anounced. :tongue:

Smile is one of my favorite songs. I can't wait to hear what the Cavies do with it!

Mandarins 2010 are proud to present!

2010 Program: "To Dream of Far Away Lands"

The Caravan

Meetings Along the Edge, Ravi Shankar/Philip Glass

To Dream of Far Away Lands

The Mountain of Fruit and Flowers, David Buckley

The Threat of Mongols / The Himalayas

Samudra Manthan, Shivkumar Sharma

Discovering India

Quiet, Sheila Chandra

Ever So Lonely, Monsoon

Arrival in China