Has anyone received....

Apparently the techincians either had no way of altering the sound feed to present a more balanced sound, or didn't make an effort to so it, thus making for some poor quality show endings.

I feel your pain brother. :inlove:

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weird cameras parked in the stands about the 20ish yard line zooming in on the soloist in the pit??? How freaked up is that when they had cameras at other times on the sideline hitting the soloist.

Close ups at ground/feet level of maybe 3 players when there is exciting drill going on needing to be shot from wide angle or from above.????

Shots from the end zone for no apparent reason.??? Added nothing to the effect.

Impact points in the show where there should be high camera angle and the camera is focused on someone in the pit doing absolutely nothing but counting waiting for the next entrance???? I love the guys and gals in the pit but do we really need to focus on them for 6 seconds while they are counting and something more exciting is going on ?????

Guard shots across the board seem to focus on just a couple of individuals instead of capturing some of biggest guard moments of the show.

In defense of these guys, they do make an offer to have a representative of the Corps upstairs with them, to point out what the cameras should be watching for and recording; impact points, special maneuvers, etc. I wonder how many Corps actually take them up on that offer??? Still, after all these years in recording this kind of stuff you would think that they would have the "drill" down by now (pun intended).

Got mine today. Prelims is awful. Camera angles all over the place. Finals is somewhat better, but any wide angle shots are horrible due to the sun setting. There is a huge shadow across half the field. The guard gets completely lost at times. I realize there is nothing the company can do about that, but maybe DCA could turn the lights on so there isn't such a huge shadow across the field?

i wonder if thats a stadium management issue and not DCA?

i wonder if thats a stadium management issue and not DCA?

After looking at DCA's news, I'm surprised that someone hasn't responded with a big 'HURRAY' because if I read it correctly BVP won't be doing the CD's or DVD's in 2010........

Mike Symonds is an incredibly talented audio/video guy with an impressive resume on a NATIONAL level. Think ESPN. More importantly, Mike is a "drum corps guy."

Thanks, Mike, for stepping up to the plate to take DCA to a higher level. You know, Mike, I really want to be involved in your efforts to advance this product to the next level.

This is SUPER news for DCA!

Mike Symonds is an incredibly talented audio/video guy with an impressive resume on a NATIONAL level. Think ESPN. More importantly, Mike is a "drum corps guy."

Thanks, Mike, for stepping up to the plate to take DCA to a higher level. You know, Mike, I really want to be involved in your efforts to advance this product to the next level.

This is SUPER news for DCA!

"Problem solved"! :withstupid: 2010 will be a great year for DCA!

In defense of these guys, they do make an offer to have a representative of the Corps upstairs with them, to point out what the cameras should be watching for and recording; impact points, special maneuvers, etc. I wonder how many Corps actually take them up on that offer??? Still, after all these years in recording this kind of stuff you would think that they would have the "drill" down by now (pun intended).

There is a problem inherent in trying to capture a show in one time through the process. Corps administrations rarely send anyone to the booth from my experience of going in there for MBI. Corps staffs would rather watch it live than get their own highlights for perpetuity on the DVDs.

Tom Blaire and DCI do a fabulous job. Part of that is the fact that they get to practice with all the live streaming from events and regionals along the way. Even with the practice and all the camera angles, they are not able to capture the perfect angle for every show.

Thanks BVP for trying to do a great job for all these years. Good luck to the new vendor.

I just got a call from Gary Baker at BVP and he's advised me that the delayed Finals Sets have arrived and they'll be getting them shipped quickly. All of the remaining DCP Store orders received thru October will be shipped within the next couple of days ... and I expect orders placed thru other sources will be shipping as-well.

Thanks all for your patience.

-john

There is a problem inherent in trying to capture a show in one time through the process. Corps administrations rarely send anyone to the booth from my experience of going in there for MBI.

My understanding of the situation is that the corps executive director fills out a form with areas on the field and soloist that need to be shot and at what times during the show.