most hated

Most dislike shows have belonged to BD the pass few years, I will say they perform the **** out of their shows, but none have been a championship worthy show to me.(personally)

I have met a few members from a corps that showed very little respect for anyone that was in competition with them, and will disrespect my corps to our faces. So now I just can't show much respect to them.

Here we go...

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

double

Edited by bluublood

Blue Devils beat Crown and win No. 13? Hated

Regiment beats BD by the closest margin possible, thus denying BD both a 13th title in 08 and a 3-peat in 09....NOT hated by me.

BD took awhile to grow on me....Regiment I loved right out of the gate...I'm also on record here as saying I was glad Regiment won with that show....even if it WAS at my old corps' expense.

So not everyone's a hater...I even like Cadets when the don't talk through practically the entire show (08) or condescend to me (07).

So not everyone's a hater...I even like Cadets when the don't talk through practically the entire show (08) or condescend to me (07).

Saying they talked thru the entire 08 show is sort of (but not exactly) like saying the blue devils sat in chairs their entire 09 show- neither are true. yeah the narraration was annoying but their was some serious marching and playing going on in that 08 show.

It's usually whichever corps wins. The more titles the winning corps has won in the past, the greater the hate if they happen to win again, too.

Like any other fan-based activity, there are a lot of small, feeble minds in the DCI fanbase.

Nailed it.

Why anyone would "hate" a particular corps is beyond me. That carries with it too much "baggage." Not liking a show, I get, but hating the corps itself? ...

INT - They are always a lull in the middle of a great show. When ever INT comes up, its like someone let the air out of the balloon. All the energy just stops.

com'on.. give us a break, will ya' ?

Over the many years of DCI, I think the most hated corps have been.

Boston Crusaders-for their bad attitudes

Star Of Indiana-mostly from jealousy

Phantom Regiment-for their bad attitudes

Blue Devils-jealousy of their many titles

Cavaliers-jealousy of their dominance since 2000

Cadets-for taking an amazing corps and turning into BOA

I don't agree with the hatred, these are just things I have witnessed over the years. And I agree with alot that some of it is dislike of the shows more than a hatred of the corps. However, there are times when jealousy of a corps gets the better of some people, or continually bad attitudes from staff/volunteers/members causes people to strongly dislike a corps.

I think some band directors have bad attitudes, misconceptions, jealousies etc, too that make some..... SOME people......have these feelings" get the better of these people ".

Do you know any band directors with these feelings of hate and jealousies, etc, MisterA ?

Maybe it's just me...... but this thread sux . This " hate " thread makes the room smell sort of funky foul. I've used an air freshener........ There.... I think it's a little better already.

Edited by BRASSO

Over the many years of DCI, I think the most hated corps have been.

Boston Crusaders-for their bad attitudes

Star Of Indiana-mostly from jealousy

Phantom Regiment-for their bad attitudes

Blue Devils-jealousy of their many titles

Cavaliers-jealousy of their dominance since 2000

Cadets-for taking an amazing corps and turning into BOA

I don't agree with the hatred, these are just things I have witnessed over the years. And I agree with alot that some of it is dislike of the shows more than a hatred of the corps. However, there are times when jealousy of a corps gets the better of some people, or continually bad attitudes from staff/volunteers/members causes people to strongly dislike a corps.

Care to explain these 2 before the close?

a corps hated? like said before, more on score and show choice year to year.

now if just a person, well....