Randy Nelson with Colts

The guy is charged with indecent exposure and people on here think it has no relevance on whether or not he should spend his summer with 150 young adults and teenagers? Sorry, there are certain crimes that eliminate you from jobs teaching or supervising children.

In before close.

Randy Nelson was completely exonerated. He was and is a design vertuoso in guard, drill and music, but more importantly he has been a positive, lasting influence on many, many young lives. Many current members and alumni of this activity that we all love owe much to him. Good for the Colts... and I personally look forward to seeing his world class skills with this great corps on the field in 2010.

Finally, I will suggest to those posters on this thread who feel compeled to spout unfounded pronouncments, there is someone else who had something to say on this subject: "Judge Not, Lest Ye Be Judged!"

The guy is charged with indecent exposure and people on here think it has no relevance on whether or not he should spend his summer with 150 young adults and teenagers? Sorry, there are certain crimes that eliminate you from jobs teaching or supervising children.

I agree.

Edited by BozzlyB

In before close.

Randy Nelson was completely exonerated. He was and is a design vertuoso in guard, drill and music, but more importantly he has been a positive, lasting influence on many, many young lives. Many current members and alumni of this activity that we all love owe much to him. Good for the Colts... and I personally look forward to seeing his world class skills with this great corps on the field in 2010.

Finally, I will suggest to those posters on this thread who feel compeled to spout unfounded pronouncments, there is someone else who had something to say on this subject: "Judge Not, Lest Ye Be Judged!"

GOOD, Not knowing anything about this matter I'm glad to hear that he was innocent. I also was sure that Greg Orwoll would not hire someone who was found guilty of that crime or if the matter was still unresolved. People should take more care linking to articles like this one that were found to be untrue.

I think that you have to trust Greg Orwell's judgment on this one. He truly puts the kids first. I find it hard to believe that he would hire someone who would potentially put his kids at risk.

Lewd and lascivious behavior IS a crime, hence, no waste of tax dollars. They may have been in the park due to crime and just happens to catch mr, expose myself to strangers guy.

As a citizen and taxpayer, I would feel safer and better knowing our police were citing speeders, litterers and a host of other "criminals" whose behavior is far more likely to affect my life. As a drum corps supporter, the situation presented gives me no pause whatsoever about this man teaching a corps.

HH

Mods,

Please close this thread. I knew about the news article, however it was not needed to be posted on here. IT could have been posted last year as to why he may or may not have been with Spirit anymore, but it wasnt.. posting that; Thats just a low blow. :devil:

Please! Cops in the park wasting tax dollars pursuing a social agenda instead of genuine crime. Nothing at all in that article calls into question his ability to teach drum corps.

HH

The arrest report stated that the vice unit entered the park in reference to complaints of lewd behavior in the park. Hardly wasting tax dollars when responding to a call. Crime is crime. What makes one crime more genuine than another? The perception of the offended, perhaps?

In before close.

A newspaper article with an actual police charge is spouting unfounded pronouncements? Where is the article stating he was completely exonnerated? And for people to attack police for DOING THEIR JOB, get real. Public indecency is a crime and they are crime enforcers. If some woman was the person being exposed to, we would hear the typical, why aren't the police watching the park closer. Just because OJ was found "innocent" didn't mean I'd want him coaching my kids football team......

Does anyone know the full story with the trial and verdict? I think we need that information before we jump to conclusions about the guy...