Tragedy Strikes Pacific Crest

JohnD

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to share a little bit about Zach with you.

Zach was incredibly passionate about music, his PC family and the well-being of the corps. Zach was a graduate of Los Altos HS in Hacienda Heights, CA and as said before was a 4 year member of PC. He returned to Los Altos and served on the visual and woodwind coaching staff since graduation... he was enthusiastic and committed to the success of all programs he was involved in. PC was his family and we grew to love his friendship, hard work and loyalty to vets and rookies alike.

I loaned Zach my alto sax for a semester in college so that he could have a better instrument to play on for his upcoming performance exams. After the exams and as soon as Zach cobbled enough money to buy himself a great instrument, he not only returned my sax... but had it polished, old pads replaced, checked up and maintained by the college repair guy and with a new mouthpiece for me.

That was Zach to a tee.

Our family lost a member so young and with so much promise today; we are blessed and better people for the short but amazing experiences we all shared together.

Adrian

Edited by arivas03

I'm sorry to hear about PC's loss. As an alum, I can say that all of the people at Pacific Crest are wonderful people, and it sounds like Zach was the epitome of that. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family, friends and the entire organization.

Our condolences to the Headdon Family and the PC Family. I know that stretch of CA-60 all to well from my days commuting to Cal Poly-Pomona. So close to home after a long trip from San Diego. Another 3 miles and they would have been off the freeway. Reminds me of the tragic accident suffered by the Velarde brothers on their commute to SCV camp from SoCal. Again, so close to their destination.

Zach joins many of our drum corps friends and family in an amazing Heavenly drum corps. And he gets to see it from the podium!

Also wishing a quick recovery to Armando.

Garry, Jan and Olivia in Vegas