Crossmen 2010 Production Announced

If you like Metheny, (which I do...) then check out some of Nando Lauria music as well. Especially "Episode Prelude", "Episode", "If I fell" and "Back Home". Cool stuff too!!! :thumbdown: (credit to Chack Naffier for this...btw)

Good luck Crossmen in 2010!! And congrats to the 2009 Age-outs!!

Edited by slitzen62

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are certain things in life that just "go" together...

Peanut butter and jelly...

Hot dogs and baseball...

Cagney and Lacey...

Add Metheny and Bones to that list as well!

Regardless of placing... THIS is a step in the right direction. Just because the corps moved to TX does not mean they have to lose their identity and connection with their past. Great decision!

One of the complaints that i heard last year from the members was that they hated performing the show because they didnt get it and it was uninteresting. Methany is easy to get, play loud, be a BAMF, and get a huge crowd reaction. The members hopefully should love doing this show

What couldn't they get about "Twilight: the Drum Corps Show?"

I'm sorry; Bones lost me a little bit after they put that show on the field.

I only recently discovered Metheny, so this really excites me.

Marginally related story: I've picked my kids (ages 5 and 8) up from school, and we're listening to one of their kids' CDs. The song has clapping on it, and after a few moments they start clapping in time with the music.

I'm inherently evil, it seems, so I put in my First Circle CD. They try to clap along, but have trouble for some reason. Finally, my daughter asks, "Daddy, is there something wrong with the CD player?" :thumbdown:

I'm inherently evil, it seems, so I put in my First Circle CD. They try to clap along, but have trouble for some reason. Finally, my daughter asks, "Daddy, is there something wrong with the CD player?" :thumbdown:

this has the potential to be a jazz-nerd-youtube-sensation!

i like your style

Marginally related story: I've picked my kids (ages 5 and 8) up from school, and we're listening to one of their kids' CDs. The song has clapping on it, and after a few moments they start clapping in time with the music.

ahh that 11/8 gets ya every time

I'm inherently evil, it seems, so I put in my First Circle CD. They try to clap along, but have trouble for some reason. Finally, my daughter asks, "Daddy, is there something wrong with the CD player?" :worthy:

:thumbdown:

Niceeeee

I did the same thing to my kids. I just explained the clapping this way:

"Just subdivide 22/8 rhythm in your head as 123-12-123-12-12-123-123-12-12 (I said it real quick for fun). Then simply DON'T clap when you think '1'"

They hated me the rest of that day.

Edited by Tim Coffey