Time Magazine Top Ten Drum-Corps Performances

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting how some of the videos were removed for copyright restrictions. Geez, a MAJOR magazine is giving the activity exposure and DCI (or the corps themselves) are concerned about their intellectuall property??? Get over yourselves.....

Easy there, Time magazine did not put the video's up, other people did , of finals shows. The corps' and dci probably didn't even know time magazine had links up to those specific videos.

I love the 'this is great exposure but' stuff.

"No offense, but [insert offensive comment]"

"Now, I'm not a bigot but [insert bigoted comment]"

'I'm not complaining, but [insert complaint]"

I guess we can never be satisfied. :tongue:

haha :music:

Right!? in other words

"this is great, but I'm a db and feel like putting my 2 cents in and disagreeing" :music:

Do I have deja Vu, or did this exact same story and thread appear about a year ago? I had to go back to the OP to make sure it was today. Someone please search the archives to see that I'm not crazy...

I believe this was up a month or two after 08 finals. I remember seeing it.

Edited by general_tsos_chicken2

It's all irrelevant anyway. We're talking about a magazine that would portray Osama bin Laden or Bart Simpson as "Person of the Year".

Interesting how some of the videos were removed for copyright restrictions. Geez, a MAJOR magazine is giving the activity exposure and DCI (or the corps themselves) are concerned about their intellectuall property??? Get over yourselves.....

Agree.

The description of Phantom's Spartacus doesn't seem right.

"... In the memorable finale, a color-guard member avenges Spartacus' death by slaying the drum major, climbing his podium and conducting the remainder of the show."

Wasn't it the backfield DM?

Yup.

Honestly, I'm not all that miffed about this. It's publicity.