Lucas Oil Stadium Director Discusses 'Sound Ideas'

Bloomington sounded good.

Denver sounded good.

Madison sounded good.

Hey, looks like we can save our pennies! Hooray! :thumbup:

You forgot the single best acoustical venue finals has ever been in: Orlando. Of course, just about everything else about the Citrus Bowl sucks :)

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More spin from DCI in order to pump up tickets sales – looks like the market has spoken about the product they delivered last year (and failed to deliver in 2008)

Why do they expect us to believe any of their ‘promises’ about LOS? They are 0/2 in that place and have blown some much false smoke up our backside already

More fabric = the pageantry worlds answer to everything

Not really sure how much more fabric they can put in that place – they do have to allow space for the corps to perform and keep enough space open that we can see them

I predict that the sound will still suck next year. Oh, it might not suck as hard as last year, that'd almost be impossible but it will still suck and make a mockery of this being a ‘musical event.' Soon, the shows will start to suck as they are tailored to the suckfest that is LOS. Think about that – to save an awful, embarrassing, finically stupid deal DCI will instead alter the nature of their shows

I’d still like to see a few people fired. I’d also like to see who they let go as they don’t need that extra staff searching for new venues - maybe we'll get another tour of their office to see what we sold Drum Crops out for

Still they have done nothing for the fans, the ones that had to drive through construction and state fair traffic for Bloomington or for the fans they lied to and ripped off in 2009 with their boasts of superior sound open roofs

Still waiting for the no rain-day defense

Here’s an idea, maybe they could offer those of us that have already been burnt by the place free, good tickets to try it out again.

I still feel they owe me something after the way they stole from me last year and so far all they’ve offered is that I don’t know how to listen through the echo and the judges think its fine, even if DCI does see it as an issue

And so continues the Great Drum and Bugle Corps Swindle

'tis the truth. but yet again, wish in one hand...

i find it convenient that this new poster shows up to keep peddling the phantasmagoria that we've been hoodwinked with for over a year now...

I don't understand.

What problems are we trying to fix? The judges said last week that the stadium was a great venue, and an even better listening environment than an outdoor stadium.

IMHO you opened this ID to further hype and promote the PR DCI is spewing about.

And your opinion would be quite incorrect. I joined this forum during the summer while on tour.

It's interesting how when someone disagrees, personal sniping becomes the norm. That's the main reason I don't bother with many online forums as this is too often the case.

I never said that the sound was perfect in LOS. I also listed several other stadiums that have pretty decent acoustics. Actually my favorite sound in a stadium was Harvard quite a few years ago.

My point is that to beat the sound issue to death is pointless since, again, it's a football stadium. It was built to be a football stadium. It will never be anything but a football stadium regardless of what happens inside. Colts fans can complain all they want as the stadium was built for that team. DCI is merely a guest, sure, a paying guest, but a guest nonetheless.

With all the issues facing drum corps these days, complaining about the sound in one football stadium is really a waste of time and energy. Why not spend that time and energy trying to improve the activity in general for the benefit of all?

Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player

That struts and frets his hour upon the stage

And then is heard no more: it is a tale

Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,

Signifying nothing.

Wow, the words keep getting repeated over and over in thread after thread. LOS sucks. It is going to suck. Hopefully suck less than 09, but going to suck nonetheless. I hope with every fiber in my body they can make it decent, but I'm holding out until the reports for '10 are in.

They can write all the articles they want, put all the spin on it that they want, but the proof is in the pudding. :thumbup:

And your opinion would be quite incorrect. I joined this forum during the summer while on tour.

On September 19th? :thumbup:

With all the issues facing drum corps these days, complaining about the sound in one football stadium is really a waste of time and energy. Why not spend that time and energy trying to improve the activity in general for the benefit of all?

Wonder what percentage of DCIs operating budget is generated Finals week.

If attendance goes down for any reason that certainly would not improve the activity.

My point is that to beat the sound issue to death is pointless since, again, it's a football stadium. It was built to be a football stadium. It will never be anything but a football stadium regardless of what happens inside. Colts fans can complain all they want as the stadium was built for that team. DCI is merely a guest, sure, a paying guest, but a guest nonetheless.

It is also an indoor football stadium....as opposed to the outdoor stadiums that hosted every other DCI Championship. Just so you know, that is a difference worth noting.

Wonder what percentage of DCIs operating budget is generated Finals week.

If attendance goes down for any reason that certainly would not improve the activity.

The main reason numbers would be down would be the ongoing recession.

Location plays a very large part in attendance as well. Remember Jackson, MS?

Complaining about something that none of us has any chance of changing does no good either.