Best World Champion...

Best World Champion of the 2000s?  

273 members have voted

1. 1. Here we are everyone. The Best of the Best World Champion from the past ten years. Make your vote count:

• 2000 - The Cadets (We Are the Future)
    • 2000 - The Cavaliers (Niagra Falls)
    • 2001 - The Cavaliers (Four Corners)
    • 2002 - The Cavaliers (Frameworks)
    • 2003 - Blue Devils (The Phenomenon of Cool)
    • 2004 - The Cavaliers (007)
    • 2005 - The Cadets (The Zone: Dreamscapes in Four Parts with a Door)
    • 2006 - The Cavaliers (MACHINE)
    • 2007 - Blue Devils (Winged Victory)
    • 2008 - Phantom Regiment (Spartacus)
    • 2009 - Blue Devils (1930)

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. Tough votes, indeed....Spartacus has kept the lead with the Catholic girl not too far behind.

Sometime tonight (or tomorrow morning) I will be announcing the winner of this round.....and possibly add a twist. :smile:

Wouldn't Cavies '02 count per your definition? Didn't they also go undefeated (Was it '02? I don't remember)?

Yeah... and concluded a three-peat. Something that only one other corps has accomplished in the history of DCI. The only reason I had trouble picking Cavies 02 was because of the strength of the second place corps. If anyone remembers the season from 02, BD was struggling to remain in the top 5 early on and people thought that the only corps that could catch the Cavaliers was the Cadets. BD had massive re-writes to turn their ship around (a huge credit to their talent), but the show was still very vanilla. I saw it live, and it did not do it for me.

I voted for We Are the Future. Very ground breaking show, considering what came before it in the late 90's.

I voted for the show that I enjoyed the most out of all of these...which was Phantom 08.

Cadets 2005 all the way. Cleanest show, great hornline, great drums, great guard, great visually. They won all the caption awards that year...blowout! Plus, that drumline was rockin'. Sing a drum break....yea, that was nuts!!!

Phantom 08- they came from like nowhere to win that year. It was a good show, dont get me wrong, but so were all the other shows. I'm sure if BD had the run they had at semi's it would 2005 Cadets only in the run for this. .025 away from second compared to the highest score in drum corps history (as with the Cavs), I dont see how Cadets 05 can lose. Then again, it's the Cadets, I know a lot of ppl don't like them. But this show was sweeeeeet :smile::santa::santa::santa::smile::wub::wub::wub::wub::smile::santa::santa::smile::smile::wub::wub::wub::wub:

Wow. Tough votes, indeed....Spartacus has kept the lead with the Catholic girl not too far behind.

Sometime tonight (or tomorrow morning) I will be announcing the winner of this round.....and possibly add a twist. :smile:

Vote for the best show (or the favorite show as this really is) out of all the winners. Obviously it would be between really the top 5 winners.....but would be cool to see.

Im so tired of ZOOOMMMMGGGG!!!1111!!!!SPARTACUS..........The clear winner of this is 2005 Cadets...you cant argue anything else....THEY HAVE THE HIGHEST SCORE OF ALL TIME AND ARE THE ONLY CORPS EVER IN DCI HISTORY TO HAVE EVERY JUDGE PUT THEM IN FIRST!!!!!!!!!

I'm probably the only one here that considers Cadets 05 more emotionally appealing than phantom 08...so I'll just vote for cadets 05 and be done with it. :)

You are not alone, the emotional connection to 05 Cadets is unparalled for me. I can still remember sitting at their rehearsal the day of finals thinking I had never seen anything quite like this in 40 plus years of following this activity. 2005 Cadets are possibly the best this activity has seen to date, at least in my opinion! :smile:

You are not alone, the emotional connection to 05 Cadets is unparalled for me. I can still remember sitting at their rehearsal the day of finals thinking I had never seen anything quite like this in 40 plus years of following this activity. 2005 Cadets are possibly the best this activity has seen to date, at least in my opinion! :smile:

2nded.

A door, perhaps...

My vote goes to Cadets 07