Best World Champion...

Best World Champion of the 2000s?  

273 members have voted

1. 1. Here we are everyone. The Best of the Best World Champion from the past ten years. Make your vote count:

• 2000 - The Cadets (We Are the Future)
    • 2000 - The Cavaliers (Niagra Falls)
    • 2001 - The Cavaliers (Four Corners)
    • 2002 - The Cavaliers (Frameworks)
    • 2003 - Blue Devils (The Phenomenon of Cool)
    • 2004 - The Cavaliers (007)
    • 2005 - The Cadets (The Zone: Dreamscapes in Four Parts with a Door)
    • 2006 - The Cavaliers (MACHINE)
    • 2007 - Blue Devils (Winged Victory)
    • 2008 - Phantom Regiment (Spartacus)
    • 2009 - Blue Devils (1930)

Wow, wow, wow, if we're factoring in demand... I think cavies 06 would like a word with you!

What show were you watching?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm most technically well performed (cadets 05)

OR

show I thought was best from an entertainment audience connection etc (cadets 2000 or Regiment 08)

so tough...

I'm going with omgspartcusuzzz!!!! I'd rather see championshows like that , even if a bit dirty, than other CLEAN as crap shows that make me yawn. (cadets 05 did NOT make me yawn however!)

with the added bonus, my choice and rational will get contrajedi's panties in a knot :)

Voted Cadets 2005. A season no one thought they would have. Great imagination, great performance.

A good guard, perhaps not as good as other championship guards like BD03, but the demand for them was off the charts.

hmmm most technically well performed (cadets 05)

OR

show I thought was best from an entertainment audience connection etc (cadets 2000 or Regiment 08)

so tough...

I'm going with omgspartcusuzzz!!!! I'd rather see championshows like that , even if a bit dirty, than other CLEAN as crap shows that make me yawn. (cadets 05 did NOT make me yawn however!)

with the added bonus, my choice and rational will get contrajedi's panties in a knot :)

don't make anyone throw up in their mouth. they may choke on it.

though Spartacus wasn't the cleanest visually, i can still find almost as many visual issues with BD '08 and '09 as well...no matter what most people think.

Edited by chaos001

This was a tough one for me. Technically, Cadets 05 gets it for me. But I voted Phantom 08 because of what they did over those three days.

I think by the time Finals rolled around in 05, The Cadets were favored. If I'm not mistaken, they pretty much dominated all three nights.

Phantom accomplished their only stand-alone championship by leap-frogging a bunch of corps who were more favored to win the title than they were.

All IMO of course. :)

This was a tough one for me. Technically, Cadets 05 gets it for me. But I voted Phantom 08 because of what they did over those three days.

I think by the time Finals rolled around in 05, The Cadets were favored. If I'm not mistaken, they pretty much dominated all three nights.

Phantom accomplished their only stand-alone championship by leap-frogging a bunch of corps who were more favored to win the title than they were.

All IMO of course. :)

I wouldn't say the other were favored to win I just think people thought with the given history previous to that championships that Bluedevils or Cavaliers were gonna win. But thank god phantom proved history wrong.

As for the shows I put 08 phantom with 00 cadets really close behind.

08 Wins for me because of how it did it's miraculous clime through out the season. SCV beats them at their first meet up. Crown and them switch spots constantly through out the season post san antonio. And then the finals week climb holy cow that is what makes a legendary ending.

00 Cadets cuz not only do I teach with a guy that marched in that show, but that ending just never fails to make me smile. And then the guy that overhypes the horns down at the end made me lawl too. But great show overall.

2000 Cadets