Carolina Crown Performing Arts Training Center

For those who have not yet watched the video on the Crown website, go do so to see how the organization plans to use the $1MM if they win the Chase event.

For those who have seen it, what do you think? I personally think its a fantastic idea. They will be able to provide housing to groups at affordable prices. It will enable them to have a central location for all of their "Partnership in Education" endeavors. I'm assuming it would also serve as a "corps hall" of sorts, providing the drum corps a place to rehearse for camps and spring training.

As Rondinaro said in the video, I think it is a win-win idea.

Cast your vote soon! However, DON'T FORGET that you can also vote for the other drum corps out there, and you should do so! They all have some wonderful ideas and should not be overlooked. There are also some other wonderful charities out there, so I urge everyone to see what they have to offer!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's a fantastic idea, as well, though $1 million won't be nearly enough to see this come true but it would certainly be a great start.

I also wonder where they would place such a facility. Not that I'm familiar at all with the Fort Mills area, but I think there decision of where to build it will greatly impact the scale of its effect.

Wouldn't a better idea be to seed some new corps ... help out those corps in financial duress ..... and maybe even start a feeder corps for the local communities children to get involved? Hey .... send some money to local school districts arts programs .. be TRUE Ambassadors.

My 2c

Wouldn't a better idea be to seed some new corps ... help out those corps in financial duress ..... and maybe even start a feeder corps for the local communities children to get involved? Hey .... send some money to local school districts arts programs .. be TRUE Ambassadors.

My 2c

I think you need to go watch the video. Crown's organization has an enormous LOCAL impact on all kinds of music and music education related students in their home region. Crown is thinking beyond drum corps, and I think that's fantastic. Why should they give money to groups outside their region to start a group that may or may not succeed when they can use it to do amazing things at home?

The already do so much for the schools in the area, imagine what they could do with this new facility? Drum corps, rehearsal space for bands, choirs, orchestras, indoor groups, clinics, festivals, camps...the possibilities are endless.

Frankly, it's exactly what a lot of us have dreamed of doing if we ever hit the lottery.

Edited by Kamarag

My 2c

I don't want to sound like a jerk but I more or less agree with you. While I'm sure an indoor rehearsal facility would be great for the drum corps, I feel like there are better things you could accomplish with a million dollars. Just speaking my mind...

I don't want to sound like a jerk but I more or less agree with you. While I'm sure an indoor rehearsal facility would be great for the drum corps, I feel like there are better things you could accomplish with a million dollars. Just speaking my mind...

You're missing the point. Its not just for the drum corps. It provides anyone within like a 50 mile radius the ability to house for really cheap, eat for cheap, and rehearse for extremely cheap. AND, it provides rehearsal and instruction areas for Crown to provide for the many clinics it hosts throughout the year, and thats not just drum corps related. Crown does several concert band and other such clinics.

You're missing the point. Its not just for the drum corps. It provides anyone within like a 50 mile radius the ability to house for really cheap, eat for cheap, and rehearse for extremely cheap. AND, it provides rehearsal and instruction areas for Crown to provide for the many clinics it hosts throughout the year, and thats not just drum corps related. Crown does several concert band and other such clinics.

On target. Its all well and good to have great ideas for programs and services. It's another story finding a PLACE to offer them.

Oh and if anyone claims DCP is filled with Crown fanboys I'll be sure to refer them back to all these threads suggesting that Crown has no business asking for or receiving these Chase donations. You don't see Cavies, Phantom or Colts being called out for participating in the contest. But Crown has been repeatedly called-out for being an unworthy recipient of these funds.

On target. Its all well and good to have great ideas for programs and services. It's another story finding a PLACE to offer them.

Oh and if anyone claims DCP is filled with Crown fanboys I'll be sure to refer them back to all these threads suggesting that Crown has no business asking for or receiving these Chase donations. You don't see Cavies, Phantom or Colts being called out for participating in the contest. But Crown has been repeatedly called-out for being an unworthy recipient of these funds.

I'm a crown HONK .. and am against the proposed usage of funds. While I think any drum corps is worthy of such a huge amount of money ... I do not think it should be thrown away just because they have it. There should be a ton more thought put into this venture. A TON!

Lolz, maybe it's b/c my pockets are empty, but I think it'd be cool if they decided to use the Mil to cut all of the member's tour fees to $0 for a season.