Carolina Crown Performing Arts Training Center

It does seem a bit pretentious to be dreaming up million dollar facilities while a corps like the Spartans asks members on their website to bring their own peanut butter and jelly and breakfast cereal to this weekend's camp. So much for the drum corps "family" helping each other out.

Can't blame this one on DCI.....

Edited by craiga

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does seem a bit pretentious to be dreaming up million dollar faciltities while a corps like the Spartans asks members on their website to bring their own peanut butter and jelly and breakfast cereal to this weekend's camp. So much for the drum corps "family" helping each other out.

Can't blame this one on DCI.....

It isn't Carolina Crown's job to manage the Spartans finances.

True, but it seemed like it was intended to be a "Community Giving" kind of a program. Not sure something as superfluous as a million dollar "Performing Arts Center" falls into that category.

You know, instead of thinking Crown should somehow be responsible for donating funds to other corps who can't find their own money, fans should be asking what Crown has done in the last twenty years to get where they are so the struggling corps has a model to follow.

Giving any of their potential winnings to other drum corps would be one of the worst things they could do.

Before my eyes bleed anymore, it's Fort Mill... not Ft. and not Mills.

Besides that, I think what they plan on doing with the money is a WONDERFUL idea. The video they made is amazing too. Can't wait for the voting to start.

FYI . . .

Fort Mill, SC

is the ONLY Fort Mill in the US of A . . .

Go ahead, Google it, I know you that's what you are doing right now . . .

Now . . . Pledge your VOTE

VOTE 4 THE DRUM CORPS

Edited by adsigns

Here Here!

You know, instead of thinking Crown should somehow be responsible for donating funds to other corps who can't find their own money, fans should be asking what Crown has done in the last twenty years to get where they are so the struggling corps has a model to follow.

Giving any of their potential winnings to other drum corps would be one of the worst things they could do.

Better question.....

What could I do with a million dollars worth of peanut butter? :tongue:

...and all those leftover PLUMS? Yum!

Love the notion of a multi-purpose, multi-beneficiary facility for drum corps/marching band. Still, is that the best use of the money for drum corps or even Crown?

Those who would prefer to #### the money away in peanut butter and other peanuts for every struggling corps aren't suggesting a sustainable solutions either. A windfall like this ought to be dedicated to higher purposes, something lasting and meaningful. I applaud Crown for thinking big. I urge them to think return on investment as well.

HH

PS: As for the video, might have been wiser not to choose the same music that was the basis for one of the most-loved drum corps shows of all time - Cadets 2000.

Love the notion of a multi-purpose, multi-beneficiary facility for drum corps/marching band. Still, is that the best use of the money for drum corps or even Crown?

Those who would prefer to #### the money away in peanut butter and other peanuts for every struggling corps aren't suggesting a sustainable solutions either. A windfall like this ought to be dedicated to higher purposes, something lasting and meaningful. I applaud Crown for thinking big. I urge them to think return on investment as well.

What's more lasting and meaningful than a permanent facility dedicated to the arts?

PS: As for the video, might have been wiser not to choose the same music that was the basis for one of the most-loved drum corps shows of all time - Cadets 2000.

Really? That's your nit-pic? A great uplifting piece of music that fits perfectly with the video's message should be discounted because several other drum corps have played it? What you're saying is that you want the money given to other corps, but they can't use a piece that another corps adapted for a show ten years ago for PR purposes?

If they'd kicked a puppy in the video, half of DCP would complain not about animal abuse, but that they kicked the wrong breed of dog.