News From DCI Winter Meetings

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this.

Well played sir, well played.

I love how everyone on here has this crazy sense of entitlement, like its DCI's job to let DCP know well in advance what the upcoming rule proposals are. We dont vote anyway, we'll find out evntually

No. We're Pavlovian. In past years they posted the proposals for all to see prior to the "big" meeting. Not this year. I don't feel entitled, I feel cynical.

Wonder Why?

It's either: there's nothing new proposed except switching to CF light bulbs in the office, or the Columbus Symphony is going to be in Bluecoat's pit next year.

You know, little things.

Just curious, that's all.

It's either: there's nothing new proposed except switching to CF light bulbs in the office, or the Columbus Symphony is going to be in Bluecoat's pit next year.

I heard it was going to be the Cleveland Orchestra in the pit :)

Got some quick info on the subject - it s/b on the website in the next day or so, and there aren't any earth-shattering changes. Mainly, the office got caught in the Facebook vote and Mega Monday stuff this week, and this got put back a bit.

Hopefully we'll have updated info soon.

Mike

The DCI Annual Meeting is this coming weekend in Indianapolis. I'll be reporting on the rules votes as it happens. Look for Part I of my analyses of the rules proposals on DCI.org shortly.

Thank you, Mike! I look forward to it. And thanks again for saving my stranded "behind" in De Kalb, IL some years ago. I still tell people how you got me out of the "fire"! You went out of your way in the best tradition of Drum Corps when a lot of people would not!

:inlove:

Gratefully,

Ron Gunn

Edited by INSIDETHEFORTY

I also would love to be able to see what is being proposed. The decisions made at these meetings have made a big impact on drum corps. What is allowed and what is not allowed goes a long way to shape the form of the programs we watch and listen to.

I sincerely hope that the woodwinds do not pass. I also hope that whoever brought them up was joking!

:inlove:

Ron Gunn

1. I don't think the WW situation is on the table this year

2. It was Hoppy

3. No, he wasn't joking