Marc Sylvester discusses Blue Knights' 2010 show

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I expected there to a be a list of pieces for the closer in this thread :-(

Late Romantic but not English or French...

Mahler?

We discussed that in Indy. It's already decided, but not yet public.

I heard, BK was giving-out free t shirts, which may explain the large turn-out?

Funny, I heard that too. Wasn't there a thread about this?

:thumbup:

"I heard, BK was giving-out free t shirts, which may explain the large turn-out?"

looks like some of the members didn't get them

Winter in Denver must be warmer than I thought. If they are going shirtless, the least the staff could do is get some tanning lights for them, it’s never too early to get a good base tan

I liked that other thread better, kind of dumb struck DCI would put their name on this but hey, I'm dumb

maybe I should send this link to some fun groups, drum up some press for DCI, get people outside of their shows

If the moderators of this site or going to be so ultra-sensitive to political talk, then why not create an off topic forum where we can debate such things freely? Of course Che was all for squashing free speech.

If the moderators of this site or going to be so ultra-sensitive to political talk, then why not create an off topic forum where we can debate such things freely? Of course Che was all for squashing free speech.

Been there. Done that. Got shut down.

As was said, there was such an animal . . .however, it got nasty, and was the majority of the "reports" that you'd see in a typical DCP day. I should know; I was a regular participant there. :blink:

So, it was shut down and Current Events stuff was moved over to another site (inmotio.net) , and then most of the political peeps moved over there. That's since been shut down too, I think.

Anyway, what's done is done . . .thanks to everyone for staying on the straight and narrow so far in this thread. :blink:

If anyone can get me to like 'Farendole' it's BK! I've just about always disliked that piece intensely...ever since a corps I taught did it in the 70's. I got "Farendoleitis" very early that season.

OTOH...I have always LOVED 'Nimrod'..I want to do it with the band I write for if we ever get the horses...I bet BK will do it up right!