Madison Scouts 2010

Cop

Right on...Go Star of Madison!

Well I would rather have a thriving and entertaining Scouts with some former Star staff,

and using superior facilities in Bloomington...than a folded Madison Scouts with no facilities

at all, or anything else for that matter!

Okay, then that's a different issue. If the very presence of amplified sound is what prevents you from enjoying voice then there isn't anything to discuss. Sound is either amplified or it isn't, there is no middle ground. I was speaking only to what I thought was your primary complaint, the sentence with which you began your post.

Well, there's also this "I have a brilliant idea" (and it just screams that notion in a self-important way) that comes across, at least to me, with pretty much any use of narration. The amplification merely draws attention to it.

Again, this isn't just my opinion. I held back on saying anything about it to my husband, just to see what his reaction would be. It was remarkably similar to my own . . . and this is from a guy who has no history with drum corps, but has a pretty good eye and ear for what works in terms of artistic expression. In his opinion, this didn't. To him, it smacked of self-absorbed naval gazing, not something that would genuinely move an audience in any particular way. For him -- and for me -- in this particular performance venue, the less said, the better.

At this point I can't understand why anyone would have a problem with the Scouts using Star Hall as their home base. Every change they've made for this season is a positive in my book.

At this point I can't understand why anyone would have a problem with the Scouts using Star Hall as their home base. Every change they've made for this season is a positive in my book.

Yup, I think some people are just jealous, plain and simple.

Having had some discussions now with ... folks... about the look the corps is going to have this summer, I have to say that I've done a 180. I thought at first it was going to be ... well... a disaster. Now, I'm all for it - bring it on! :tongue:

I think there will be a lot of pleased Madison fans throughout the summer.

Mike

I just hope they come and are better than the last few years, regardless of scores...ya know, power pizazz and all that jazz

Having had some discussions now with ... folks... about the look the corps is going to have this summer, I have to say that I've done a 180. I thought at first it was going to be ... well... a disaster. Now, I'm all for it - bring it on! :tongue:

I think there will be a lot of pleased Madison fans throughout the summer.

Mike

Care to give us any more?

:)