Madison Scouts 2010

Cop

Very nice look out on the field, and you see, even with short sleeves, why the gauntlets are crucial. With horns up, the hat and gauntlets become the primary point of drill reference from the stands. The Cavaliers have used that to great effect over the years.

No spats?

Mike

Yea, that's a problem....sounds like they're having trouble finding a vendor for the right "spat/legging".

From what I read on Facebook, they are still trying to find the right vendor for the

spats....they want to make absolutely sure that they get the traditional lace-up military leggings

and not the typical button up spats that you can get from any catalog. So it could be a couple

of weeks before they are wearing them.

Jeff, the revelation that they’re having problems finding the “correct” spat/legging at this late stage after knowing what they wanted since early last fall is rather odd. The reason I say this is that I know for a fact that guys came out of the woodwork offering assistance with contact information to current producers of military style, lace up spats and leggings many months ago. The U.S. Navy still wears them for military honors dress. As I recall, there were a number of sources of classic producers listed. Strange....

Thanks for sharing the photos! My grandmother will love to see them. She's jumped on supporting this corps just as much as the one that I marched. Gotta love family.

Do not be shocked at what scores they get tonight. The last few years they have started between 61-64 range. I hope for better, but first scores can often be strange.

Dr. Mike

Drum Corps World

Do not be shocked at what scores they get tonight. The last few years they have started between 61-64 range. I hope for better, but first scores can often be strange.

Dr. Mike

Drum Corps World

Yes, a 63 or 64 will be on par with the sheets from 2009...

Blue Stars came out hot June 20, 2009.. and were pinned 6 points under Phantom Regiment..