Madison Scouts 2010

Cop

Yea, that's a problem....sounds like they're having trouble finding a vendor for the right "spat/legging".

I thought the Scouts received a shipment of 150 pair of spats a couple of Months ago?

Yes, it's the first show...but things just got VERY interesting. Good job, fellas (and that's the entire organization). :tongue:

Not in any way that matters. But I think there is a tiny bit of blowback to the corps when their fans overreact to scores.

Good point

Seriously, I would save the spats for finals.

I'd have them on for the regional before finals at the very least...provided that the feet are there to pull it off. You're gonna want those bumps to the GE and execution scores in there before finals.

Edited by BigBadMadMan

It might be a good idea to hold off using the spats until (as would be the case with any corps) the marching is up to box 5 level...then bring on the spats.

pretty much what I was thinking. I don't see spats being the difference between making finals or not. However, if they make finals and then come out in spats, how cool is that?

From what I read on Facebook, they are still trying to find the right vendor for the

spats....they want to make absolutely sure that they get the traditional lace-up military leggings

and not the typical button up spats that you can get from any catalog. So it could be a couple

of weeks before they are wearing them.

I believe what we wore were US Navy spats. The Scouts used to buy them from a surplus store in Wisconsin I think.

Seriously, I would save the spats for finals.

No. This uni looks strange without spats.