Giants Stadium Drum Corps Memories

Like the smell? :smile:

Seriously tho ~ last night as I drove by Giants Stadium the smell of skunk was heavy in the air. Yeah ~ could pick it out over the other smells so you know it was bad. :smile:

that smell is jimmy hoffa decomposing........heh

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like the smell? :tongue:

Seriously tho ~ last night as I drove by Giants Stadium the smell of skunk was heavy in the air. Yeah ~ could pick it out over the other smells so you know it was bad. :devil:

HAHA ... that's not the stadium ... that's the refineries in Bayonne & Elizabeth!!!! ... why do you think they call jersey the armpit of America????

LOL!!!!!

that smell is jimmy hoffa decomposing........heh

"Gives a whole new meaning to "coffin corner"" - Sean Landetta (Giants punter)

"Gives a whole new meaning to "coffin corner"" - Sean Landetta (Giants punter)

:devil::tongue:

HAHA ... that's not the stadium ... that's the refineries in Bayonne & Elizabeth!!!! ... why do you think they call jersey the armpit of America????

LOL!!!!!

Kinda like the old joke, "why does New Jersey have all the garbage dumps and nasty aromas, while California has all the lawyers?

New Jersey had first choice! rim shot!

Ray

Fran:

If this should stay in the vault forgive me.

I think it was 1981 and we lost a show up there in Giants Stadium and we were ticked because we thought we should have won. So we proceeded to have the biggest, knockdown, drag out after show party in the History of DCA. The grills were firing and the beer was flowing. I have a vague memory of shooting off bottle rockets at police cars.

My contribution was drinking a six-pack of tall Buds, warm, on an empty stomach. Nearly ruined Hey Ray Enshaw's upholstery, did my busness by sticking my head out his door.

I think that party broke up about 6:30 in the morning. It took 6 different drivers to get home until we blew a tire -I think it was Milton's car- but that was no problem we just rode the rim until we got to the mall where all are cars were parked.

My 2nd memory of Giants Stadium was doing a half time show in December for the Jets. It was 15 degrees out and the mouth piece of my horn was literally freezing to my lips. The absolute coldest I have ever been in my entire life.

I'm not sure if it was 1988 or 1989, since I was not marching, but the Bushwackers were invited to the Cabs Gran Prix for the very first time and it was held in Giants Stadium. They put on a great show and unfortunately I had to leave during the junior portion of the show. I find out later that night that they not only won, but swept all captions. I picked a fine time to leave early!

I'm not sure if it was 1988 or 1989, since I was not marching, but the Bushwackers were invited to the Cabs Gran Prix for the very first time and it was held in Giants Stadium. They put on a great show and unfortunately I had to leave during the junior portion of the show. I find out later that night that they not only won, but swept all captions. I picked a fine time to leave early!

1989.... Bush was on the money at that show, no doubt.

Fran

Fran:

If this should stay in the vault forgive me.

I think it was 1981 and we lost a show up there in Giants Stadium and we were ticked because we thought we should have won. So we proceeded to have the biggest, knockdown, drag out after show party in the History of DCA. The grills were firing and the beer was flowing. I have a vague memory of shooting off bottle rockets at police cars.

My contribution was drinking a six-pack of tall Buds, warm, on an empty stomach. Nearly ruined Hey Ray Enshaw's upholstery, did my busness by sticking my head out his door.

I think that party broke up about 6:30 in the morning. It took 6 different drivers to get home

Technically, I think it was only five drivers. LOL

Milt started out...... until Dave ordered him to pull over on the NJ Turnpike because Milt was, shall we say, having an issue with staying awake. :tongue:

Dave took over, got to his house in Woodbridge.... then I got the honors to my home in Edison.

Then I think it was you to Milltown, followed by Milt again... or something like that. :devil:

All this to cover a one-hour trip home.

What the hell were we thinking back then....LOL!!!

Fran

Technically, I think it was only five drivers. LOL

Milt started out...... until Dave ordered him to pull over on the NJ Turnpike because Milt was, shall we say, having an issue with staying awake. :blink:

Dave took over, got to his house in Woodbridge.... then I got the honors to my home in Edison.

Then I think it was you to Milltown, followed by Milt again... or something like that. :blink:

All this to cover a one-hour trip home.

What the hell were we thinking back then....LOL!!!

Fran

"Thinking" wasn't our forte BITD... :lookaround: