Pirated finals videos

So I have to pay 3000 dollars to march for the summer and another 100 dollars in November to DCI to watch why I spent 3000 dollars over the summer.

No thanks. From a person who marched and is still marching during the age of facebook and youtube, PLEASE DON"T TURN THE GUY NEXT TO YOU IN with a video/audio/picture capturing device.

or I'll personally stop during a performance and find you.

THANKS

:thumbup:

Awesome; I'm going to totally do that now just to make a scene (you stopping your performance to find me). :thumbup:

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You did your best by keeping your mouth shut, how good of a picture is it going to be with a small hand held? Any Horn pop or drum lick will be drowned out with crowd noise too. See if you can find the hand held from Madison in 06 for the alumni corps, they are nothing but screaming.

Actually the picture can be quite good. 24mbps at 1920x1080, versus 5kbps at 720x480 (DVD). As far as audio, when I record I tend to position myself away from people, and I have the mics on a stand that can sit a good 10+ feet above the ground(3+' from peoples mouths). To be courteous though I generally sit in the back so that equipment isn't blocking anyones view. Which is far from optimal, but the back of peoples heads are much quieter than their fronts.

As far as audio, that's more reason to buy the CDs, which you probably wouldn't have otherwise bought. Of course once you make that swap, you've violated someone's copyright. The audio from the DVDs is generally too poor to use IMO. a) compressed, b) normalized to the announcer, not the corps, c) compressed, d) not in sync with what's happening on the field anyway.

Often, I close my eyes and remember some of my favorite moments in drum corps. I go through the music in my head. In my mind's eye, I can see a soloist, or the snare line just "tearin' it up", or maybe "the Bottle Dance".

I'm surprised the copyright police aren't kicking my doors down and holding me at gunpoint.

I sometimes think that if DCI thought they could get an extra 2 cents out of someone for re-living a memory... they would. It does, after all, belong to THEM.

DCI should be more concerned with there being MORE CORPS for all to enjoy, than whether or not John Q. Public gets a "freebie."

Often, I close my eyes and remember some of my favorite moments in drum corps. I go through the music in my head. In my mind's eye, I can see a soloist, or the snare line just "tearin' it up", or maybe "the Bottle Dance".

I'm surprised the copyright police aren't kicking my doors down and holding me at gunpoint.

I sometimes think that if DCI thought they could get an extra 2 cents out of someone for re-living a memory... they would. It does, after all, belong to THEM.

DCI should be more concerned with there being MORE CORPS for all to enjoy, than whether or not John Q. Public gets a "freebie."

Geezus.... You don't blow anything out of proportion at all, do you

:thumbup:

Blowing things out of proportion?

Oh, you mean like the youngsters on DCP who have marched all of say...2 years...telling us old-timers who have 40+ years in the activity, that WE don't have a clue what we're talkin' about?

Yeah...JUST like that!

I would submit as well that DCI has a vested interest in policing the copyrights on these performances, as they contain material licensed from a hundred different sources. If DCI can't prove they enforce these copyrights, music publishers may prove less willing to work with future licensing requests.

Mike

. . .says the poster that Godwined the thread.

Logic fail. :thumbup:

for the win