"Amplification/Narrating" Question....With a Twist!

Ok, here is one that may be timely, given the imminent start of the Winter Olympics:

Do you think Figure Skating would be BETTER or WORSE, if they allowed amplification of the human voice?

(Parallels with Drum Corps include musical interpretation, athleticism, skill, timing, precision....etc, etc. Plus, the fact that we currently have the "miming" type of non-verbal performance in skating, just like DC once had....).

Talk amongst yourselves.....

:-)

NYCFan

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you mean the preformers? Like in corps? They would be out of breath, and panting. But they could have a pit. People that talk for them. No, does not work for me. Ashley Simpson comes to mind.

pre-recorded i would imagine would be ok, like some in DCI use and WGI uses a lot of

If figure skating became more like WGI, it would be INFINITELY more interesting to me, personally. Especially if they did guard work, too. :thumbup:

Isn't figure skating more about technical precision and grace rather than art and expression? If I'm wrong, they should totally put chairs and doors on the rink.

Figure skating is a colossal waste of a good hockey rink.

not to mention ice skates.